15

The Christmas Eve dinner was coming to a close and you almost felt sad at the thought. But, then you remembered that there is going to be the second dinner for Christmas Day tomorrow night. You were excited just thinking about it. Gohan's parents insisted that you and he get ready for bed first considering that there is only one bathroom in the house. Meanwhile, they stayed behind with his little brother cleaning up the table. You told Gohan you wanted to help a little and his mother agreed. You and Gohan helped by picking up some of the plates and silverware and setting them in the kitchen sink with some soap.

When the table was cleared, you and Gohan went to the bathroom first. He took a shower first while you brushed your teeth and then you rotated; while you took a shower, Gohan brushed his teeth. After finishing in the bathroom, you made sure to leave the bathroom door and window open to air out the humidity. Gohan informed his family that you two were finished and was going to make ways to his room for the night.

Goten frowned.

"What's wrong buddy?" Gohan asked his little brother.

"I thought we'd be able to sleep together since you're not home as often." You felt terrible hearing that. You didn't know they were this close. Every since Gohan and you started dating, he has been staying with you very often. You thought nothing of it. But being here, you can see how close they really are and it made you want to tell Gohan to start staying home a little often to be with his brother or to bring his little brother along with you two more often so that he doesn't feel lonely.

"Of course you can sleep with us!" You blurted out. You felt so bad. Gohan only looked at you slightly surprised by your outburst.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea how close you two were. You can come and be with us anytime you like."

"Really!?" His little brother shouted.

"Really. Really." You responded with a big smile. It felt a little natural but it felt more forced than anything. There are times when it is hard to be happy when all you want to feel happy at certain moments and this was one of them. His little brother is so cute and seems like such a good kid. Their mom is great when it comes to dealing with men. You wondered what was her secret.

"Yaay! I'm going to get ready for bed right now!" Right after, Goten rushed to the bathroom.

"Are you sure it's alright for him to stay with you two? We understand if you want to be alone together." His mother asked.

"No worries! This is the time for family." You said to her in a reassuring tone. It felt a little forced to say but it was exactly how you felt. This is the time for family and you wanted to get closer to Gohan's family. They put all this effort into you. You wanted to repay them in whatever way you could. Every little bit adds up.

"Okay. He's your problem for the night then. It's been awhile since your father and I has had some alone time." His mother said as she hooked up with her husband. His dad smiled and he held onto her hands with his. It was adorable.

"Looks like we have plans now. You two sleep well. Goodnight, Goten. Sleep well!"

"Okay, dad! Goodnight!" Goten shouted from the bathroom. You heard water that was coming from the other side of the door so he's still showering.

"Goodnight." You and Gohan said in unison as you two waved to his parents. You heard his mom giggling. Right after you heard their bedroom door close, Gohan pulled you in close to give you a small kiss on the forehead. You giggled as you were caught off guard again.

"You always kiss me these kisses that I never expect!"

"Oh, you didn't know? I'm the love ninja. Here to give you kisses when you least expect them."

"You're so cheesy!" You shouted at him in a playful as you two made your way to his bedroom. It was your first time inside so you took the time out to look around. It was a pretty standard looking room for a college student. But, there were so many books.

"Wow, Gohan. Why do you have so many books? I didn't know you loved reading this much."

"I do and I don't. Most of these books are informative. My mom has been getting me these kinds of books since I was really young."

"Did you ever feel like you forced you to be a scholar?"

"A little. To be honest. I was so young and so much was going on at the time that I didn't really have a chance to explore other options on what I could do with myself."

"That sounds sad."

"I know but I can make a living with it. I can make a living for us. It's not that I don't like it; it's something I'm really good at. It's just something that I'm not in love with."

"Wouldn't you want to do something you love doing?"

"Well, yes and no. I keep having in mind so long as I make enough money for the both of us, I don't necessarily have to be in love with the line of work I do. I love you and love our lives together. I already have enough things to love."

"Oh, Gohan." You said to him and you walked over to give him a big hug. You did prefer for him to love his work but it's rare for anyone to love their work really. Most people do what they have to do to save up and make a living. Gohan also doesn't seem to be too stressed out over studying to be a scholar. Plus, you did agree that he is really good at it. There is so much that you've been learning from Gohan. He's also a great teacher. He doesn't make you feel dumb or anything when he's explaining something to you. Maybe he could be a professor one day.

In moments, you heard a knock on the door and it was Goten, ready for bed in his pajamas.

"Hi! I'm ready for bed!"

"Great! Hope on it!"

"Yaaay!" You giggled a little at how happy he was. He must feel so much better sleeping with his brother.

"You don't mind, (y/n) sleep with us right?"

"Of course not! She can sleep with us anytime!" You smiled. It felt natural that time. Gohan went to turn off the lights as you and Goten got ready for bed. Gohan joined and all three of you were able to fit in his bed comfortable. You were a little surprised since you were worried about whether or not you three could fit. Goten got comfortable, said goodnight to you two and was fast asleep soon after. You turned over to Gohan to give him a kiss on the lips.

"How are you feeling?"

"I still feel a little sad, to be honest, but, slightly better nonetheless."

"I'm glad. What do you think of everyone?"

"They're great, Gohan. I love your family so far. I know every family has their faults but, your family's flaws seems way more forgivable than mine."

"That bad?" He asked concerningly.

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I wish your family was better too."

"Too?"

"I'm sure you've wished the same thing for most of your life. You deserve a better family. I'm hoping, maybe my family could be the family you deserve."

"Your family is the family I always hoped to have. I'm so lucky."

"I'm the luckiest to be in love with someone like you."

"In love?..."