44

Everyone was so excited - some were all giggling, some were crying tears of joy. Both your mom and Chichi went to hug you at the same time and it felt nicer than you expected it to feel. You got ready and were given a wheelchair to be transported over to the delivery room. You were nervous. You couldn't fully believe that you've been in labor for nearly a whole day and it was finally time for the baby to start coming out. 

You were going to meet your child soon.

Everyone got ready, including Gohan, and scrubbed down. You were laying down in an adjusted chair that wasn't very comfortable for your body but this was the best position for the baby to come out without any trouble or error. 

Your doctor noticed how nervous you were feeling because of the look on your face. She actually did a good job of calming you down.

"Try not to worry too much, me and everyone else is here rooting for you, we're not going to leave your side plus, this isn't my first delivery. I got you." Her playful wink made you laugh. It made you feel calmer. You started your breathing techniques and braced yourself.

"Okay, I'm going to coach you through the entire delivery. I'm going to let you know when to push, how long to push for, and when you can take short breaks. Are you with me?"

"I'm with you..."

"Amazing. Oh - I'm actually going to need you to start pushing a less than a minute."

It was time.

"Okay, get ready, (y/n), 3... 2... 1, push!"

                                                                     **

You knew the pushing was going to be the hardest part. But, it was a lot harder than you thought. There was a clock on the wall in front of you. You did your best not to look at it. You didn't want to know how much time has gone by. All of this already felt like it was taking forever with no end in sight.

"This is too much!" You grunted. 

"You can do this honey! I know you can!" Gohan was right next to you holding your hand. If anyone can handle all the pregnancy strength you developed, it was him. 

"I don't know!" You were exhausted. You felt like you couldn't keep pushing anymore and you wanted to stop for a longer break but you knew that was out of the question. You kept huffing, puffing, and trying to catch your breath completely. 

"(y/n), I know this is a lot for you but do your best to focus on your breathing. Focus on your breathing."

You were doing your best to listen to your doctor. You wanted your mind to focus on your breathing but another human being is coming out of you! You kept yelling and screaming meanwhile Gohan let you grip his hand as hard as you could. This was such a bizarre experience for you. You couldn't help but think that literally, another smaller person was trying to come out.

But...it's yours and Gohan's smaller person. Your doctor mentioned that the head was out and the hardest part that was going to happen now the shoulders. Being told that you had to push even harder wasn't exactly what you wanted nor needed to hear through all the sweating and screaming. As you were trying to focus most of your attention on your breathing, you started thinking about how much you wanted to see your baby - how long you've been wanting to see your baby. You still didn't know the gender because you didn't want a gender party. You wanted it to be a complete surprise and you were glad you made that decision.

The suspense of it all made you want to work harder so you can see your child that much sooner. 

"On 3, start pushing again. 1...2...3!"