38

As the weeks progressed, you did your best to pay attention to your projects at work. But, it was becoming more difficult the bigger the baby was getting. It was starting to feel harder to sit for an extended period of time. You were thinking to ask if you could bring a different chair into work but your coworkers surprised you with a new chair during lunch. You felt pleasantly shocked.

"We noticed you were having a hard time focusing on work because of your chair. So we found you a better one until the baby comes! We hope you like it!"

"I love it." Your coworkers helped you throw out your old chair and replaced it with your new one. You slowly sat in it and it was absolutely comfortable. It wasn't as comfortable as the chair in Bulma's place but it was pretty up there. "We're so happy that you like it!" You weren't going to forget this day at work anytime soon. You couldn't wait to tell Gohan when you get home. 

After getting the chair, you were able to finish a couple of projects and felt better about leaving some work to handle tomorrow. You finished up what you were working on and was getting ready to leave work. You had to stay a little later than usual tonight. You almost didn't want to but you slowly got up from your chair and started making your way towards the elevator. As you were walking down the hallway, you heard something but you weren't sure who it was. Most had gone home by now. It wasn't completely late but sometimes you would feel a little creeped out being one of the last few to leave the office.

You looked back and saw no one. Your eyes scanned again and saw no one. When you turned to walk forward towards the elevator again, you felt someone grab your shoulders and shoved you. It happened so fast that you couldn't get a good look at who it was. You let out a loud scream and felt someone catch you immediately after.

It was Goku.

"Goku!"

"Hey! Are you alright? I heard you scream." He said in his usually friendly voice. You held onto him since you still didn't have your balance.

"Whoa. Are you okay? What happened?" You were still a little shaken up by what just happened. You struggled to get the words out.

"Someone pushed me..."

"Someone pushed you? Who!?"

"I don't know..."

"Well, they couldn't have gotten far. Hold on!" He picked you up effortless and started floating around the office to find who could have been the one to push you. You two ended up not finding no one inside but from his peripherals, Goku saw someone running outside through the window.

"That's probably him!" Goku opened the window and leaped out to land on top of the person.

"Hey, are you the one that pushed my daughter-in-law? She's pregnant you know." Goku was very stern with the mystery person. You weren't sure if you've ever heard him talk to someone like that before. It was a little scary. You were still holding onto him as tightly as you could but Goku was holding you with all the care he possibly could.

When you finally got a good look at who it was, it was one of your co-workers. You weren't too familiar with him though. You work on the same floor but you weren't sure if you've ever worked on a project with him. 

"Okay fine! Yes! I pushed her because she got the chair I wanted! That chair was for me and everyone decided to give it to her because she's having a baby. I've been asking for that chair for months and the moment her back starts to hurt a little, she gets it?! That's not fair!"

Goku paused.

"Um...did you hear what I said? She's pregnant. She needs the chair more than you."

"But I wanted it longer than her!"

"You sound rather childish for a man," Goku replied without thinking. Your coworker gawked at Goku's response.

"Whatever! I'm taking the chair back tomorrow!"

"Okay." You finally said.

"Huh?" Your co-worker sounded surprised to hear how easily he was going to get his chair back.

"You can have the chair. All you had to do was ask. If you had no problem pushing a pregnant woman, you must have no problem asking for a chair."

His face turned red out of embarrassment.

"Take the damn chair and stay as far away from me as possible. Don't interact with me at work unless you absolutely have to. If not, I'll report you. Are we clear?"

He nodded.

"Get out of here." He quickly ran away without skipping a beat.

"Why don't you report him?" Goku asked. "You should get him fired."

"I don't know. A guy losing his job over a chair?"

"He's a jerk though."

"That's true." 

"I think you should sleep on it. I don't feel good knowing you're working with a guy like that. He has to go."

"Maybe you're right..." You started feeling emotional. You started crying a little since the whole ordeal felt overwhelming and you just want to be home with Gohan. 

"Is it possible that you can take me home? Today ended up feeling a lot for me emotionally."

"Of course, (y/n). You'll be home in seconds!" Goku gently put your down to your feet to put his right index and middle fingers on his forehead and just like he said, in seconds, you were home. Gohan was startled.

"Dad! (y/n)! Is everything okay?"

"She had a bit of a long day so I decided to pick her up from work and bring her home." Goku winked at you. You smiled. You'll tell Gohan what happened but maybe tomorrow. All you wanted to do was to soak your feet.

Goku said his goodbye and just like that, he was gone.

"I'm sorry you had a long day at work. Want me to get the foot bath?"

"Please and thank you."