40

Gohan started hearing more cars pull into Bulma's driveway and looked at his wristwatch to check the time. It was almost 2 pm. Your baby shower was about to start soon. You and Gohan started feeling giddy. The day was finally here to celebrate the baby with everyone. It made you feel good that everything in your life was finally more settled. Things didn't go as planned but you were glad that things were working out for you.

You're planning to marry a man who loves you, you two are having a baby together, you were finally on better terms with your parents and they are finally getting along with Gohan's family and friends. You held onto your belly as Gohan lead you to where the baby shower was being held. 

You took in a deep breath, held it in for a few seconds, and let it all out slowly. You never pictured yourself here. Your entire life changed every since meeting Gohan. That day at school was your turning point and you've been happier since. You were grateful for being with Gohan. 

"Gohan."

"Yes?" You tilted your head up towards him, closed your eyes, and puckered your lips. Gohan took the signal and held onto your shoulder before giving you a deep kiss. After slowly pulling away, Gohan's eyes twinkled a little bit. He looked like he wanted to say something. 

"(y/n), I'm so happy that I got your number that day."

You burst out laughed. You didn't expect him to say that.

"But seriously, I'm happy that I found the courage to talk to you that day. It changed everything. Now we're here celebrating a child we're going to bring into the world soon!" Hearing him say that made you gently rub your belly. It was all scary at first but, you're glad that you and Gohan are having a baby together. 

"We accidentally bumped into each other the first time we met but, I'm glad we did. I'm lucky I found you - someone who accepts me for who I am without much doubt. You make me so happy, (y/n)." You smiled.

"I want you to always know how much I love you - to know how deeply in love I am with you. I can never say it enough. I'm so happy that you're having our child. That day at school changed my life for the better."

He took a pause.

"I remember being so nervous when I first saw you. I thought you were so pretty. I didn't think someone like you would want to talk to someone like me." You stared at him for a moment after he said that.

"Gohan...you know you're hot right?" You said chuckling. He scratched the back of his neck. You couldn't stop smiling the whole time he was speaking. You felt relieved to be with someone who respects and values you with all his whole heart. You love Gohan with all your heart and you couldn't ask for anything more from him. 

"I'm so deeply in love with you too Gohan. I had so many issues with my mental health and I felt unloveable for a very long time. You let me know that just because I have a bad day sometimes, doesn't mean I'm not worth the best love I can have. I'm grateful every day for how loving, caring, and understanding you are. You really helped me come out of my shell and helped me learn how to love myself more. Thank you so much for loving me and standing by my side, Gohan. I love you so much."

You extended your arms for Gohan to lean in for a loving hug. You two rocked each other a little bit before checking the time. It was time for your baby shower. Gohan gently picked you and brought you inside the house where the party is being held. As soon as you got into the house, you saw Gohan's parents.

"Gohan! (y/n)! Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you."

"Thanks, dad." Gohan went to hug his dad and give his mom a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, Goku. Hi Chichi."

"Hello, (y/n)! Congratulations! We're so happy to have a new edition to the family! Please let us know whenever you need help with the baby. We'd be more than happy to babysit."

"Thank you so much. That means a lot." You knew you were gonna need it. The saying, it takes a village to raise a child is a saying for a reason. As you and Gohan were speaking with Goku and Chichi, everyone else came up from behind.

"Hey everyone! I'm glad you could all make it!" You waved when you saw Piccolo. Goten and Trunks were floating through everyone to come and give you a big hug. You saw Krillin, Andriod 18, and their daughter Marron. You waved at Bulma and Vegeta and through the crowd, you were able to spot your parents. You tapped on Goten and Trunks to separate from the hug. You greeted everyone while making your way over to your parents.

When you finally reached them, you extended your hands out for each other to take. You went in for a group hug and it made you emotional. You couldn't remember the last time you three were like this in all these years. 

Everything felt nice. 

After greeting everyone, Bulma suggested that we all started playing some outdoor games. Of course, all the men participated since this is what they live for. It was nice to see them all having fun. Even your dad joined in on the fun. It was nice to see. You held onto your belly as you cheered for your dad and Gohan. Gohan did his best not to dirty his clothes but his dad and Goten were making that difficult for him. 

Bulma prepared a classic game of egg race but decorated the eggs as babies. It was adorable. The men went first and then everyone else joined in. You even played a round and were on Gohan's team. Piccolo ended up winning the first round with Gohan. Then Krillin won the second round with Andriod 18. Trunks and Goten won the round after that and then Goku and Vegeta. You eventually won a round with Gohan but you were having fun the whole time. 

Bulma planned a bunch of games that were super fun. Everyone was talking, having some drinks, and having a good time. You spent a good portion of the baby shower sitting on the infamous large baby shower chair. It was nice to rest your feet here and there. Gohan gave you mini foot massages too. It made you smile. 

Bulma took the chance to come over to you and Gohan to ask if you two were sure about the gender reveal since she had something ready in case you two changed your minds. Gohan looked up at you and you were still stern in your decision. 

"I appreciate you doing that for us Bulma but I still don't want to know the gender of our child. I really want to leave that moment for when our child is born."

Bulma took the hint.

"I understand. Well then, the food is ready for anyone who's ready to eat!" She announced. You looked down at Gohan who slowly helped you up so you could go start eating the delicious food you had for most of your pregnancy.