11

You were shouting about not being ready for Gohan to meet your family. You had no idea who they really are now. How that house is. Anytime you interacted with your parents, it would be over video chat, a phone call or you would make sure to go out with them in public. You didn't like the idea of being in that house. You didn't like the idea of the man you love meeting the people who made you the way that you're currently trying not to be.

"Your family sounds wonderful! Mine isn't...I get anxiety just thinking about going back to that house. I haven't told you much because it's hard to, Gohan. It's so much." 

Your mind was racing and your words were coming out so fast. Gohan softly pulled you away from your hug to firmly hold onto the top of your arms so that you could look him in the eye.

"(y/n). We don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I promise. If it causes you that much discomfort, I don't have to meet them. It can just be us and my family for the holidays and for however long. I don't have to meet them if you really don't want me to."

"I don't want you to because I don't know how it's going to go. So many bad things have happened and hearing how great your family is made me think about all the bad things that have happened with mine. I wanted a happy family just like everyone else. It hurts, Gohan. It hurts."

You went and buried yourself in his chest. He held a look of concern as he simply held you and rocked you back and forth again. You felt so dumb for behaving this way right before meeting his family. Why couldn't you keep it together long enough? This could have waited until after you met them. This could have waited until everyone was at least asleep and not waiting for you two to arrive. This could have been any other time.

"I'm glad you told me now."

"Huh?..."

"Yeah. We're early. We have plenty of time before getting to the house. Plus, I'm glad you're starting to trust me more with something that is clearly very personal to you. I'm concerned but happy. I'm happy to know that you feel that you can confide in me more. I'm happy that we continue to grow a little bit more each day."

You looked up at him with teary eyes and felt his comforting words warm up your body. It is cold outside so it isn't a good idea to stay out here for too long. You sniffled as you started to wipe some of your tears away.

"I'm glad we're growing closer too, Gohan. I'm sorry for getting like this all of a sudden. I guess there are still some triggers I'm not aware of yet."

'I understand. We can figure them out together. If that would make you feel better."

"That would make me feel better, Gohan. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you want to go for a little walk before going to the house?" He asked softly as he leaned over to give you a soft peck on the lips and then on your cheek.

"No. I think I'm okay to go straight to the house, Gohan."

"Alright! Let's go!" He responded as he gave you another kiss on the cheek.

Before going to meet Gohan's parents, Gohan made sure that you were okay. Once he saw that you felt okay enough to keep going, he picked you up to fly the rest of the way. In moments, you two were in front of his house. It looked cozy from the outside.

"Ready?"

"Ready!" You did your best to say in a cheerful voice.

Gohan searched for his keys a bit. When he found them, he put the key into the keyhole and opened the door. When you two got inside, it was....empty?

"Hello!? I'm home!" Gohan shouted throughout the house. But, no one answered him.

"Where is everyone? I thought you said they'd be here."

"I did say that. I did think they'd be here. Well...they're supposed to be here. This is a little strange. I wonder where they could have gone to." He pulled out his phone while he was semi-talking to you and semi speaking to himself out loud. He put his phone up to his ear and you patiently waited as you made sure to close the door behind you. In moments, he took his phone away from his face and hung up. He tried calling again but it looked like no one was answering.

"I wonder where could everyone be." Gohan walked over to the Christmas tree to place all the gifts from us around it. Then, he took your overnight bag to put it in his room. When he came back out, he was on his phone again trying to contact his family. Still nothing.

"Well. No one is still picking up and I looked in the kitchen. There is no food made. It's starting to feel like no one has been here for a while. I guess we should get settled in until someone shows up."

"Hmm. Do you have any ideas where they could be?"

"Not at the moment. Unless my mother forgot to buy something. But in that case, she would just make my dad get it meanwhile, she finishes everything else at the house. She told me she was going to cook. And my younger brother doesn't have a phone since my mom feels he's too young for one. So I can't call him. Maybe I can call Bulma."

Bulma, his dad's longtime friend. He has brought her up in conversation on more than one occasion but you haven't met her yet either. Maybe sometime this holiday season you might meet her and her family? Maybe?

"That sounds like a good idea."

"Okay, I'll go do that." He went back into the kitchen to make another call. You didn't know what to do really. You sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV. All that was going to be on were Christmas movies. Not that you minded that since it is the season for it. Sure, most Christmas movies are pretty much the same but there are bound to be some that will hit home. 

After some time has passed, Gohan was back from the kitchen

"So Bulma doesn't know where they are either. Hmmm." He said crossing his arms. He really is trying to figure out where his family could be. For some reason, you weren't really concerned since it's Christmas Eve. They could be anywhere doing who knows what.

"Maybe they're in the city and lost track of time?" You asked.

"Maybe. Could be. But, it's just so weird. My mom is usually on top of...everything. I wonder where she could be with Goten and dad."

"Well, I know we shouldn't go looking around for them because we could miss them. I think it's better to stay here and wait for them to come back home. Hopefully, they'll be back soon. If not, then maybe we should start looking for them. Plus, you did say we're early."

"We are early. Maybe they did just step out to get some finishing touches for everything. I know mom wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for when you came to the house."

You blushed a little at his words. His mother wanted to make sure that everything was perfect? For you?...how kind of her...

"Well, until they get back, what are you watching?" Gohan asked as he exhaled while plopping next to you on the couch.

"Just a random Christmas movie I found. Want to watch it?"

"Sure. Most movies now are Christmas movies anyway."

Gohan put his arm around you as you scootched towards him a little to cuddle. This was nice - being here with Gohan in his cozy home, just you and him. You were glad that you two were able to get the alone time you two have been wanting to have. It was then that he turned his face towards you to give you a peck on your forehead. You smiled and giggled since you were caught off guard. You thought those were the best kisses to have - the ones that pleasantly surprise you.