31

The year seemed to fly by. Since your last semester was during the fall, you could walk during the spring with Gohan since that was his last semester. It was wonderful to sit next to him while wearing a cap and gown. Your parents decided to make an appearance. Gohan's parents and little brother was there too. Everyone showed up actually. Everyone was so proud of Gohan but you didn't expect them to be so proud of you.

They all looked more excited for you than your parents.

It was awkward at first for them to meet your parents but it got better over time. After the ceremony, we all decided to go back to Bulma's house where she had a ship waiting for everyone to climb aboard.

Your parents were uncomfortable at first but you explained to them that she was the owner of Capsule Corporation. They didn't believe you at first because they didn't expect you to be friends with someone like Bulma. It made you mad but you did your best to take in a deep breath and explain to them that everything was true. You even had Gohan try to explain everything to your parents. After listening to Gohan, they seem to be more at ease and was able to slowly get on the ship.

Being on the boat was exhilarating. You went to one of the corners of the ship and raised your arms up as if you were on the Titanic. You took in a big deep breath again and let out all the negative emotions your parents caused and tried to enjoy your big day with Gohan, his family, and their friends. When everyone got a chance to sit down, you asked Gohan to come to sit with you and your parents so that they could get to know him better. You four sat at a table that was more private. Gohan sat next to you and your parents sat across from you. You held onto Gohan's hand tightly, hoping for everything to go well and that your parents wouldn't be themselves.

"So, what are your intentions with my daughter?" Your father asked. You didn't expect such a question considering you're already engaged and old enough to make big life-changing decisions.

"Well, Sir, please let me start off by apologizing for not receiving your blessings first before proposing to your daughter. I know it wasn't a very traditional thing to do. I really want you to know that I really do cherish your daughter. She's amazing, caring, intelligent and wonderful to be around. She gives me so much strength just by being herself. I couldn't be any happier with her and I want to make her as happy as she makes me for a long as I can. So, I do want to ask if it would be okay to ask for your blessings even though we are already engaged?"

There was a pause. It seemed to touch your father and your mother seemed a little moved by Gohan's words. After what seemed like deep contemplating, your father decided to give Gohan his blessings. Your mother quickly turned her head towards your dad. She looked very surprised and agitated.

"You've got to be kidding me. You bought all that stuff?"

"What are you talking about? He seems like a good kid."

"That's probably what he wants you to think by putting up this act. He might be fooling you but he's not going to be fooling me."

"Mom, he's not putting up an act. Gohan is this sincere.

"I don't buy it."

"Mom, please try to understand."

"I don't want to. I don't want you marrying this stranger."

"Stranger? Gohan isn't a stranger, we've been together for almost 4 years now. He knows me very well."

"Four years!? That has to be a lie. Who'd want to be with you for that long and not get sick of you?"

"Honey...you can't say that to our daughter..."

"Well!... I just did...If I don't tell her the truth then who will?..."

That was when you stood up.

"Mother, you're not invited to our wedding."

"Excuse me?!?" She responded standing up with her hands on the table.

"I am your mother! You can't just uninvite me to your wedding!"

"I can if I feel disrespected. I do not like how you're speaking to me. I don't like how you're speaking to me in front of my fiance. I also don't agree with how you feel about us getting married. Dad thinks Gohan is good for me and he's right. Gohan has done nothing but be amazing to me and has been there for me through my tough times-"

"Oh." She cut you off by waving her hand at you.

"What tough times? Your father and I gave you everything you ever needed."

You felt your patience running thin and felt closer to exploding.

"This is my graduation day. Our, graduation day and instead of being happy for me you disrespect me saying no one can love me without getting sick of me. Is that how you feel about me?"

"Of course not..." She looked confused while her eyes went down scanning the table.

"Whatever your issues are mom, I'm tired of your projecting them onto me. I won't take this from you anymore. You are not invited to our wedding until you apologize to me."

"There's nothing to apologize for!"

"You're doing it again mother. You're behaving as if you're the victim. When you decide to apologize to me, then I'll think about inviting you to our wedding but until then, you won't be receiving an invitation. Also, dad, you won't be having a plus one. That way you don't sneak mom in until she gives me the apology I deserve."

"You see! I'm sure it's that boy telling her all these strange things!"

"We! Are done speaking for now. Enjoy the food when you get it. Also, explore the boat, it's amazing."

Gohan quickly sat up and walked beside you. All you wanted to do was to walk as far away from them as possible. Which was on the opposite side of the boat. 

"...do you want to go to this secret place that I haven't told anyone on the ship?"

"Yes, please." You answered as you were on the verge of tears. Gohan picked you up and quickly flew with you to take you to his secret place on the ship.