32

Gohan ended up taking you somewhere on the lower level of the boat. You weren't sure how you got there because your eyes were closed the whole way. Your face was buried in his chest. You didn't want to think about the moment that just happened between your parents. You wished you could erase it from your mind. You couldn't believe that your mother would say such hurtful things - especially in front of Gohan.

You didn't want to forgive her for the pain she caused you in front of the person who you plan to marry.

It was humiliating.

"We're here." Your nose was still sniffling as Gohan lowered his arm so your feet could be on the ground. It was a random room with a huge window that had a view of underwater life. 

It was magical.

Gohan was able to find a tissue and handed it to you. You took it nicely from his hand and blew your nothing until nothing came out. You found a trash bin and tossed the balled up tissue paper inside. You were still sniffling a bit as you tears were beginning to stop. You walked over to the window and placed both of your hands on it. You tried looking carefully to see the water and how it looked. You thought that you've never seen anything like this. It was kind of dark but still light enough to see the fish swimming around in schools.

"What do you think?" He asked you.

"I think it's wonderful. It really does help to get my mind of what just happen. It looks so magical."

"I'm glad. I used to come here often when I was younger. There were so many things I didn't understand as a kid. I got mad with my mom one day about dad being away so I ran away from her. She was so mad when she found me."

"I can imagine." You interjected.

"During my runaway journey, I found this place. I stayed here for a few hours until I went back up and that's how my mom found me. She never let me forget how scared and angry she was with me. I couldn't help it. I was only a kid who just wanted to see his dad."

"I'm sorry, Gohan." You said to him as you took your hands away from the window and went to give him a big squeeze. 

"It's okay. It was hard back then but things are different now. We found each other despite all the hardships. It kind of makes it all worth it in a way huh? Almost feels like none of it happens sometimes." Gohan was looking up towards the ceiling as if he was reminiscing on things. You looked up at him in awe. He had such a positive outlook on laugh despite all the hard parts. You wanted to be able to do the same thing; to see the positive despite experiencing something negative. 

"I feel the same way. That everything almost feels like it was worth it because we found each other." He lowered his head to return the smile you held. He lowered his head more to give you a loving kiss. You two held onto each other and didn't think to let go. This was the reason why you said yes to him. He just knew how to fill you up with the love you've been missing for so long. He could tell you went through so much and he didn't let your hardships get in the way of him loving you the way he knew you needed.

You were even more happy that he was understanding enough to let you figure out how to grow and be able to return his love the way you wanted; the way he needs as well. He was there by your side through such hard times and just being him helped you open up in ways you through you never thought of. It felt so healthy and nice. It was nice knowing that things could only get better. Even now, a moment ago you were miserable because of the people who brought you into this world and raised you. 

They've hurt you like no other.

But, he recognized it and didn't judge you. He took you away from the situation and brought you to a place to help clear your mind and to talk about it. It's the simple things. 

Being present.

Listening.

It all helped you. You slowly broke from your kiss to hug him and to stay in his arms a little longer knowing that you too couldn't stay here long. Today was to celebrate you two and everyone would start to worry if you two were gone for too long.

"As much as I don't want to go back upstairs, I know we have to." You said to him with your ear pressed against his chest.

"We do. But, I think it'll be okay. Your mom might not be a great mood but everyone else is. I know I don't know everything going on between you and your mom but I don't want you to let one person ruin your day." Hearing that made you smile. He playfully picked you up marriage style again and the excitement made you laugh and giggle as you held onto his neck again.

"You seem to be in a better mood. Thankfully. Ready?" You nodded yes.

"Alright! Let's go!" 

"Aaaaah!" You screamed playfully as Gohan flew to bring you two back up to the upper level of the ship. You thought to memorize how you two got there, for future references but your eyes were closed again as you felt you were on a rollercoaster ride this time. By the time you two got back up to the upper levels, the food and all the drinks were still on the tables. Gohan didn't hesitate to bring you to one of the nearby tables where his family was sitting at and started handing you food.

A part of you wanted to look for your parents to make sure they didn't leave - so that you could know exactly where they were but your stomach growled. Maybe, you could eat first and then figure out where your parents were. You did your best to tell Gohan not to give you so much food because then your stomach would hurt. He laughed and said more for him. It made you laugh too how silly and goofy he could be.

After everyone finished, you decided to scan the large deck to see where your parents could be. You couldn't find them. Your heart was starting to race because you didn't want to believe that your parents would leave your graduation celebration. Then, you felt a hand on your shoulder. It was your dad. You stood up to hug him. He apologized for everything. Literally, everything. You said you two could talk about that another time and asked where your mom was.

He told you that she left.