14

It took a little while to get to the house. When Gohan landed, you slowly got off and he made sure you got off safely. It was then, you two heard noises from inside. You two took a peek in through the window and saw that his family was scrambling around to get everything ready. They didn't even notice the extra presents or Gohan's note on the table. Seeing them scurry about like that almost made you feel bad. You didn't want them exerting that much energy. But then, you tried to think of things different while you turned to look at Gohan who was smiling while looking at his family. You smiled looking at Gohan - he looked like he was having a good time watching them. Clearly, this was something that they were passionate about. 

Especially his mother. She ordering both Gohan's dad and little brother around as they frantically completed all of their assigned tasks. Gohan is one of the luckiest people in the world to have such a beautiful family. You're sure they had their flaws like everyone else but their flaws felt forgivable. Especially compared to your parents. You took in a deep breath and tried to shake off your nervousness.

"Gohan."

"Yes?"

"I'm ready."

"Me too." He said as you two leaned in to give each other a tender kiss. The time was finally here to meet Gohan's family. You were both excited and nervous. Gohan took out his keys and inserted them into the keyholes. He opened the door and everyone looked towards the main door. He greeted everyone how he tried to earlier and the boys just stood there with their arms full of stuff.

"Gohan! You're early! Nothing is ready yet, don't let your girlfriend see this mess!"

She said that not seeing that you were already in the house. So, you decided to let her know that you were already here.

"Hi..." His mom quickly turned to see you. Her face looked like it had some flour and her hair looked a bit disheveled. She was surprised to see you.

"Mom, I think we're on time." She scrambled to see the time and saw that you two were on top. She let out an exhausting sigh and she tended to the food to make sure nothing got burnt.

"I'm sorry, Gohan. Nothing is ready yet. All because your father decided to eat all the food I made for you and your girlfriend last night!"

"Aaaaaah. Chiiichiii. I said I was sorry a million times already."

"Saying sorry isn't going to make all the food come back! Oh. This must be her. She's so beautiful. It's so lovely to finally meet you. Gohan talked about you all the time." She came in for a hug. She was a little bit shorter than you but it felt so warm - her hug felt warm. It gave off a similar sensation to when you have a fresh cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows. The hot cocoa would still be very warm so you'd blow on it or take your time to enjoy it by taking small sips. Her hug felt like that. You felt grateful because you couldn't recall the last time a hug from a motherly figure felt this way.

"Thank you. I'm so happy to meet you too. Gohan talks about you all the time as well. You're such an amazing mom. You went through all the trouble to make sure I felt welcomed in your home. Thank you so much for that. You didn't have to."

"None sense! It's not every day that Gohan has such a lovely looking girlfriend. Please! It's was our pleasure. Please sit down anywhere and make yourself comfortable. Gohan! You start helping too! Your father and brother need help!"

"Will do, mom." Gohan gave you a small peck on the cheek while his dad and little brother awed at you too. It made you blush a bit. But, it made you feel useless that you were the only one not helping so you walked over to the kitchen.

"Excuse me. But, is there anything I can help with? I don't want to just sit down on the sofa when everyone is helping out with dinner."

"None sense! You're our guest!"

"I know but I wanna help. You put all this effort into making me feel welcomed. I wanna help you now. Please?" His mom stopped for a moment and saw how much you wanted to help. She didn't expect it but, you can tell you finally convinced her.

"Okay. But, don't complain about me giving you too much work!"

"I won't ma'am!"

"Great."

Everyone was doing their part to make sure the dinner was successful. Everything that had to go into the oven, went in in a timely manner and was taken out. Goten became responsible for setting the table. His dad had the responsibility of setting out all the food. You took care of the beverages and Gohan was left with cleaning part of the kitchen with his mother. It took about two to three hours to get everything done but it was done. His mom wanted food for today and tomorrow. She knew there'd be no leftover knowing her boy's appetites.

After Gohan and his mom were done in the kitchen, everyone freshened up for dinner. Everyone sat down at the table. You sat next to Gohan of course. Everyone said their thanks for their food and dug in. At your first bite, you were blown away by how scrumptious her food was.

"This is amazing! Thank you for making this delicious food!"

"Now you know why I love her so much." His dad chimed him. It made her blush a bit and you thought she looked so cute. You only smiled. Seeing how in love his parents are. Your mind fled for a moment. Fled to a place where your parents don't seem to have romantic love for one another any longer. They appear to care but not to be romantically involved. Then, you let it go and returned back to reality. It took a little bit longer than expected though. You know you missed some parts of the conversations and Gohan noticed. You knew he did because he placed his hand on your knee for comfort. He usually does that to bring you back but you were able to come back before his tried comforting you.

"Thanks. I got it this time." You whispered to him. He smiled as he leaned over to give you a quick peck on your forehead. You smiled. Then, you observed his family and seeing how close they are - how close Gohan is to them. Goten was so cute as he kept asking you question about your hobbies and interests. His dad did indeed ask about grandkids and Gohan was a bit surprised that his mom was trying to stop him from rushing you two.

"Goku! Don't rush them! Gohan is still in school! He should have a great paying job first before having our grandchildren."

Children. Plural. You two only chuckled. This moment, it has been a very long time since you've been in a place, in a family setting, where it felt this warm.