50

Today is the big day!

You were in your private room, at the venue, getting help from Bulma and Chichi until your parents arrived. They were telling you how beautiful you looked and how excited and full of joy they are for you. But that made you feel more nervous and anxious. Maybe even having a little bit of a hard time breathing here and there.

You kept looking at the mirror in front of you, grazing your tummy with your hands, feeling the fabric of the dress. You loved your dress and felt it suited you. But, you kept looking out the window. You slowly heard people filling up the venue, small, intimate.

You kept feeling this urge to leave.

You were holding a stoic expression on your face and were basically waiting for Bulma and Chichi to take a break to check out the situation for you to make your leave.

Watching as they began making their way for the door, you thought about how deeply in love you are with Gohan. But at this moment, you could not breathe - you had to leave and to get away from here. The thought of everyone here made you more nervous. You didn't even have your shoes on. You watched as they waved, closed the door, and waited a few moments before making a break for it.

You kept thinking about Gohan and feeling so terrible for doing this right now, but you couldn't help yourself. You were holding your dress up and hoping no one would notice you. You did your best to be stealthy and were able to be successful with your escape but to no real avail because that was when your parents pulled up.

"(y/n)?" Your mother called. You turned right around, giving yourself a second attempt at running around, and then your dad called out to you. You stopped after that. You were caught and felt frustrated. You dropped your dress and held your face with both hands. You stood there until you felt a hand on your shoulder. 

"Honey?...what's going on?" Hearing your dad sound so concerned brought some form of relief?

"I don't think I can do this!" You didn't think about the makeup you'd possibly be ruining. You just wanted all of these overwhelming emotions to subside. Even for a little. Your body wanted to run away from here, but that doesn't mean you wanted to run away from Gohan.

"(y/n), take a deep breath, sweetheart, talk with us." You never really heard your mom speak this way to you. Your mom picked up your dress, and both of them guided you on a bench in the sitting area outside on the side of the venue that was covered a bit by some large bushes. Bulma helped pick out the venue, and it couldn't be more whimsical. You thought the outdoor venue was perfect for Sasha to walk around, to have the ceremony outside, and for everyone to enjoy the weather. But everything felt so overwhelming. You kept crying, and your parents kept holding you.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why, but seeing everything made me feel so nervous, like I couldn't breathe. I just had to get out of there."

"We hear you, honey. Take all the time you need. Everyone can wait until you're ready."

"I don't think I can. What if everyone started questioning where I am?"

"As your father said, they can wait until you're ready." Hearing your mom be on your side felt a little foreign. It had been so long. She let out a long sigh.

"Listen, sweetheart. Your father and I have been talking a lot, and I want to say sorry."

"What?" You said in between sniffles. Your dad was slowly giving you a back rub, and your mom had all of your attention.

"I want to apologize...for everything. I have been so stubborn all these years. I have been looking inward and realizing how wrong I've been. Even if I felt I was right sometimes, being right isn't worth losing you. I'm sorry I haven't been there enough for you, Gohan, and most of all, Sasha. I want to be a better parent so I can be a good grandparent."