22

"If only she knew the stakes of this tournament...I have to tell her."

"(y/n)...this tournament isn't like regular martial arts tournaments."

You were a little surprised to hear that.

"How come?"

"Remember when I told you that my father has made a lot of friends over the years?"

"Yeah. You said that not long ago."

"Well, that also includes friends who aren't human."

"Oh. That makes sense since you are half human. It's a little difficult to wrap my head around it but I think I'll understand the more you explain things to me."

"Okay...so...this tournament is one that we would have to win because if we don't...our universe will get erased..."

You stopped walking.

"Erased?... As in?...Gone?...Forever?..."

"Yes..."

"We have to go home...now."

Gohan softly put his arm around your waist and flew the rest of the way home. You unlocked the door, let Gohan in and locked the door behind you. Gohan walked over to the kitchen to place the cakes on the kitchen table when you rushed in.

"OUR UNIVERSE WILL GET ERASED IF YOU LOOOOOOSE!!!!???"

"YEEES!"

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO!?"

"JOIN THE TOURNAMENT AND SAVE THE UNIVERSE!"

"Huh?..."

"I'd...I'd want to help...I've always helped to protect the Earth. My family lives here, my friends," he walked over to you to hold your hands in his, "You live here...the love of my life....my future wife. I love you so much and I want you out of harm's way but..I'd have to go away for a while."

You looked up at him and reached over to his face to give him a loving and long kiss.

"I love you, Gohan. I believe in you. Your dad wants to you lead the team because you're brilliant! I know you can lead everyone to victory, honey."

"Thank you for that. But, it also means that whoever loses will get their universe erased too."

"...that's so sad. Is there anything else that can be done?"

"From what my dad and Vegeta told me, there doesn't seem to be."

"No wonder you were struggling so much with this."

"Yeah..." You put your arms around his waist to hug him.

"I know you haven't been contemplating long but I'm sorry you had to experience such discomfort. Especially since I was around."

"It made me feel a lot better just having you around."

"Gohan..." You kissed him again on the lips.

"So, are you going to consider things more or you're going to join?"

"I want to protect the Earth. I want to protect the Earth that our lives reside in."

"I'm proud of you, Gohan. And, I'll be here when you get back."

"Please go over to my mom's place anytime you feel lonely or call her or Bulma anytime!"

You smiled so big hearing all the support you would have.

"Thank you, my love."

After talking about the situation for a little bit more, you two decided to figure out what to have for dinner before digging into the cake. You two decided on takeout since the conversation took a lot out of you. Gohan too. Gohan ordered the food, you two stuffed your faces together, had some of the strawberry cake together and noticed that it was already time to get some rest. You two started putting some of the Christmas stuff away since you wanted to try to finish putting everything away tomorrow. 

You didn't want it to turn into a chore that might take a week to complete.

After putting some things away, Gohan slowly and gently pressed his lips against your neck. You knew what that meant and you two retired into the bedroom.

The next morning, you woke up to Gohan putting a lot of the Christmas things away as well as putting away some of your clothes.

"Good morning, Gohan."

"Good morning, Dear. How did you sleep?"

"Pretty good. You?"

"Very good actually."

"I'm sure." You responded. He giggled. "I put away a majority of your clothes but some are still in the suitcase and some of the gifts are still in the living room."

"It's okay. You've already done so much." You said while slowly getting out of bed.

"What time are you going home?"

"In the afternoon. Most likely before dinner."

"Sounds like you." You said smiling to him as you walked out of the room to head for the bathroom. You took a quick shower and freshened up. You exited the room and saw that Gohan was in the kitchen stuffing his face with cake.

"Gohan." You said giggling. "It's too early for cake!"

"It's never too early for this cake." You kept laughing as you watched him enjoy the big slice he cut for himself. You walked over to him and slightly opened your mouth - gesturing for him to give you a piece of cake and he did. You smiling lovingly. 

"Want me to cook something for you?" You asked him.

"Sure! What did you have in mind?"

"Oatmeal with fruits and brown sugar?"

"That actually sounds really good. Even after I just had some cake."

"I'm glad." You said in a cheerful voice. You woke up not having a lot of energy today so you were glad to hear that he was in the mood for something that didn't take long to make. Plus, he has to make healthier choices since he's going to be in that tournament. Thinking about it made you worry. You started boiling the oatmeal and made sure it wasn't too liquidly. You preferred your oatmeal to have some texture. You went into the refrigerator to get some fruit and the cabinets to get some brown sugar. You placed them on the table while the oatmeal finished. 

Gohan took the initiative to get some bowls and spoons. When you were done, you picked up the pot, walked over to the table and poured oatmeal into each bowl. You gave Gohan more than you because you knew he was more hungry. You walked back to put the bowl on top of the stove and you watched as Gohan decorated his breakfast. You sat down and did the same. He quickly started stuffing his face again and you laughed. You thought he looked so funny.

It was then that you realized that you were going to miss him so much. You had no idea how long he was going to be away for. Neither did Gohan, his father or Vegeta. Gohan said it's one Earth hour. But who knows what could happen afterward or even during the tournament. Hearing that it was one Earth hour is a relief but you can only hope he and everyone else stays safe.