02

You two ended up meeting up later that day for lunch. You two ended up having a pretty long lunch break too; an hour an a half. You thought it would be awkward since you literally met the guy earlier that day but you were wrong. He was actually fascinating to speak with. He seemed like such a wholesome guy too. He talked about how much of a scholar he is but not in a conceded way. He talked about how much he loved learning and how much his mother used to push him to study because she wanted him to be successful when it came to his smarts and not just his physical strength.

He seems to have a very pushy mom but you guessed long-term having a pushy mom can be a good thing. You two ended up leaving campus and going to a cute cafe for sandwiches and coffees; at least that's what you got. Gohan ended up getting a rather large meal and when you two found a table to sit at, you were very surprised at how much food was covering the table. You only ordered a sandwich and a medium-sized iced coffee. Gohan had so much food that you would have to make a list.

"Wow. You can really eat."

Gohan was in mid-bite when he realized that your table was almost completely covered in food just for him.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Is there anything I have that you want to share?"

You were taken by surprise by his kindness. You felt yourself blush as you took a long sip of your coffee. You felt a slight tickle in your heart too as you had a scowl on your face; you didn't expect to have this much of a good time. When your eyes skimmed around his food, you actually wanted some of his fries.

"Hmmm. Can I have some of your fries?"

"Whatever you want!" He said with a big smile full of food. You felt another tickle at your heartstrings as you took another long sip. You didn't want to finish your coffee too fast so you put down your cup to take a big bite out of your sandwich. You spotted his fries and leaned over to take a few. Gohan smiled at you which made you smile too. 

It has been a long time for you since you have been with a guy who seems this sincere. 

You took out your phone to make sure you two were good on time. When you put your phone away, you saw that Gohan was finished with all of his food. He let out a small burp and excused himself.

"I'm actually still hungry. I thought I ordered enough until dinner time.

"If I knew you ate this much, I would have suggested for us to go to a restaurant so that you would have gotten a more filling meal."

"How about we do that next time?"

Your eyes lit up a little at the thought of him wanting to see you again. It made your heart skip a little too because you weren't sure how he was thinking of you. You felt you weren't talking enough.

"I'd love to go out with you again." Gohan blushed a little and smiled.

"Then it's a date!" Your heart fluttered at the word 'date'. You smiled at him again and you finished up your sandwich and threw away all the leftover papers. All that was left on the table was your coffee cup. You held it in your hand so that you can take occasional small sips while getting to know Gohan a little before going back to your classes.

"So Gohan, tell me, how many girlfriends have you had?" You wanted to ask a bold question along with starting to gather information on his dating history. 

You're not sure how but, you had a knack for finding your way towards guys who didn't value woman. They appeared nice and humble at first until they got comfortable and started treating you however they pleased. They led to a lot of heartaches for you.

But so far, you're not feeling that way with Gohan.

"Um! I've actually never had a girlfriend before."

"...HUH?!" This was the most shocking thing you've heard. There was this nice and beyond attractive guy in front of you right now and apparently, he's never had a single girlfriend.

"You've gone out on dates and stuff though right?!"

"Um...not really. I never really got a chance to. I was normally with my family or studying."

"Oh wow. So you never got a chance to have a social life almost?"

"That's one way of looking at it."

"Oh wow. I can't imagine what that would be like."

"Well, it has been pretty stressful along the way but I have learned a lot about those around me and myself."

You couldn't help but feel that maybe he was sugar coating things by his tone. But, you didn't feel like he was lying. Maybe he wanted to look at things through a positive lens. Maybe.

"What about you?" He returned the question. That was to be expected.

"I've actually had a handful of boyfriends. I guess I can call them that but it didn't last very long with them. They didn't turn out to be who they originally said they were."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. It's not okay when people deceive others."

"Tell me about it." You sounded a bit sad as you remembered the hardships you had to deal with when things would have been so much easier if those guys were just honest. You felt a hand over yours and it startled you a little.

"Don't be sad about those guys who lost a chance at being with you. They could have done better and they didn't."

"Don't be sad about those guys who lost a chance at being with you."

You can't recall a time when a guy has said something like that to you. You saw his hand over yours. You turned your hand over to hold onto his. You literally met the guy today but it felt natural.

"Thank you for that, Gohan. It made me feel a little better."

"Of course. You seem like such a smart and pretty girl who has a good heart. Saddens me to hear that you haven't had the best experience with some guys. But, I hope you can have a good time with me. At least."

"I think we're going to have a good time together." 

You took your phone out again to check the time. You two had about half an hour to get back to campus and head back to the remainder of your classes for the day.

"Gohan. It's time to head back."

"It's that time already." He replied as he got up to stretch his arms a bit. You followed suit and picked up your belongs.

"Please, let me carry your school bag." You looked a bit surprised at his offer of kindness. You looked at him as he had his arm out already. A large part of yourself didn't want to reject his kindness.

"Thank you, Gohan." You said in a thankful voice. You appreciated his offer. Your bag does tend to get really heavy and considering he is a very strong man, it must be paper light for him.

Gohan decided to walk you to your class since he wanted to spend a little bit more time with you.

"Thank you so much for walking me to class and carrying my bag. You don't know how much I appreciate it. My bag tends to get really heavy sometimes with all my books."

"Anytime...um..let me know when you want to go out next time." He said in a slightly shy tone.

"How about this weekend? There's a fair in town I've been wanting to go to before they leave. Wanna check it out with me?"

"Sure thing! Sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!"

"Awesome! I'll see you Saturday afternoon?"

"It's a date! See you Saturday!" And just like that, he left. You stood there again, watching him leave, again. You wondered about the feeling in your chest you were beginning to gradually feel. You placed your hand on your chest when you saw him disappear. You were starting to like him a little bit - how he treated you was different than those other jerks you were involved with.

You turned to enter your next class but stopped to evaluate things a little bit more. Just then, you stopped and convinced yourself to not think about things too deeply - to try to take things for how they are at the moment. You said to yourself that if something feels off, to say something to him. He seems like the type to listen to you. At least, you hope is.