34

The next morning, you woke up before Gohan. A rarity. When you were getting out of bed, you felt an 'off' feeling in your chest. You rushed over to the bathroom to pee on the third pregnancy test. When you took the test, there weren't two lines this time, there was only one.

Negative.

You sat there for a little bit frustrated. You finished up in the bathroom and walked to the living room to make an appointment with your OBGYN. You also explained to them that you took three pregnancy tests, two were positives and one was negative. They took note of it and asked if you wanted to come in tomorrow, you could. You were pleasantly surprised and said yes, you would like to. You said you'd be there in the morning. After confirming your appointment you went back to the bedroom to lay down for a little bit.

You laid down on your back and placed both of your hands on your stomach. You looked up at the ceiling. You were starting to wonder what the test results would be. You turned your head to look at Gohan, he was still fast asleep. You remembered how happy he was yesterday to know that you were pregnant. Now you laid there thinking you weren't even sure if you were. 

Are you okay with being pregnant?

You knew you were ecstatic about getting married to Gohan but pregnancy was a different part of life you never had a chance to deeply ponder on. Breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly, you thought there was no time like the present to start thinking about if you wanted to have a child. You started tossing in bed a little bit when the taboo subject came to mind; abortion. You only sighed. As much as you support women who feel the need to, you personally wanted to avoid the situation altogether. You let out another heavy sigh.

You rolled onto your side as you started feeling a little emotional. You felt your tears roll down the side of your face. You hugged yourself as your body folded into the fetal position. There were so many things you weren't sure about. Diapers, food, clothes, making sure the baby is healthy, vaccinations, schooling, make sure they get the right schooling, what if they're gifted? What if they get bullied for being gifted?

Your mind was conjuring a million thoughts a minute.

You wanted your mind to calm down but it kept rolling and rolling. That was when your body unfolded itself and moved closer to hold onto Gohan - reminding yourself that even though he is asleep, he is still here with you, you are not alone. You are the farthest thing from alone now. Your life is completely different. You graduated from college, you have a wonderful home which you share with a wonderful man who wants to parent a child with you in the future.

It's all scary but looking at him started making things feel less impossible.

                                                              **

The next morning you went to the doctor's appointment by yourself because they informed you that you wouldn't get the test results the same day. You were informed that you could gain your results as soon as the very next day. Latest, the day after. So, you told Gohan that it was okay if you went alone. But, you definitely wanted him to be there when you were getting the results. You were the first patient there. You said hello to your doctor and she reviewed the situation with you. She asked if you took three pregnancy tests and you informed her that yes, you did, two positives and one negative which was yesterday morning.

"Hmm. I think it would be a good idea to do a blood test then for more accuracy." Your doctor explained to you as she started getting the materials she needed to extract your blood. She got a needle and a couple of vials. After tieing a big rubber band around your bicep, she pocked around the joint area of your arm to find a vein. When she found it, she slowly inserted the needle. You didn't want to watch as the blood went through the rubber tube and into the vials.