43

Fortunately, it didn't take Gohan long until he arrived at the hospital. He hurried to bring you in through the emergency room and explained to the first nurse he saw that you were going into labor. They brought out a wheelchair for you to sit in and asked who your doctor was meanwhile giving you papers to fill out. You did your best to start filling out the papers meanwhile Gohan went to park the car and get all of your things.  

After you were given a bed, Gohan suggested he finish up the rest of the paperwork.  After your doctor was informed about your current status, they asked you to change your clothes and did their best to help you feel as comfortable as they could since you were still dilating. They informed you that they couldn't start the delivery process until you were 10 centimeters dilated. 

You laid in bed frustrated because you were about 3 centimeters dilated. 

They did mention to you that if you felt that the pain was too much at any time, you do have the option to ask for an epidural. You informed them that for now, you were okay and would ask for an epidural when the pain became unbearable. They respected your decision and decided to give you and Gohan some alone time but did mention they would check in on your periodically.

When the nurses left, your hands were resting on your stomach.  Your eyes were looking nowhere else but your stomach. The time was finally here, you were having your baby. You couldn't believe it. All the wonderful experiences you've had like picking out matching baby shower outfits with Gohan, all the hard times that felt like it would never pass like your mother making things more difficult than necessary - they all led up to this moment. And you felt relieved but knew how lucky you were to have Gohan by your side. 

You were trying your best not to think so much about how difficult the delivery process was going to be. You wanted to focus more on when the baby would be here and Gohan helping you through everything. Gohan had already put all of your things away because the doctors informed both of you that there is no way of knowing how long this was going to take. They suggested to keep yourself busy and try to get some rest until you were fully dilated.

After the nurses left,  Gohan started giving you a back massage. He could just tell that was what you needed right now. 

"That feels amazing...." He kept going until your back felt a little better. 

"I'm glad. Is there anything you wanna do to kill some time?"

"...we forgot to call our families..."

"Shoot! We got so wrapped up in everything I completely forgot to call mother. She'd kill me."

"I know."

Gohan started making phone calls. Whoever picked up, since it was late into the evening, got the explanation that you're officially in labor. It was a given that not everyone is able to make it right now but Gohan mentioned that you most likely are going to still be in the hospital in the morning since things were going pretty slow for you.

                                                                **

A couple of hours passed and your parents arrived first.

"(y/n)! You're having a baby!" Your mother rushed over to you and grabbed hold of our head. You weren't used to this much affection from your mother but this was better than her making this moment about herself.

"How you doing kiddo?" He looked like he was in a very good mood. You wondered how excited he must be to be a grandparent. 

"I'm in a lot of pain but I'm okay for the most part."

"Is there anything we can do?" You were a little surprised to hear your mother ask such a question but happy nonetheless.

"Not really. The doctors said that we just have to wait for me to be 10 centimeters dilated."