27

You were sitting between Bulma and Chichi while trying on a wedding dress and your mother hasn't even bothered to call, since the argument, to try to appease things with you. Did she even think to come dress shopping with you? 

Did she even want to?

You only sighed.

 You did your best to be grateful for Bulma and Chichi's enthusiasm but deep within yourself, you probably thought moments like these would be with your parents. Like normal families. But, you knew since you were really young that your family isn't normal like other families; like Gohan's family. But, that didn't stop your heart from wishing.

"We're not trying to replace your mom or anything because we know we can't but we wanted to try to be what we thought you needed. We just noticed you've been down and we wanted to try to make you feel better." Bulma added on.

"Really? You two barely know me though to go out of your way like that for me."

"No, we don't know you very well yet but we want to. You're marrying my son now. The least we could do is get to know his fiance better." Chichi said with a smile. That was really nice of her to say. It was really nice to hear. You ended up smiling after that and shot up from your seat with your fists in the air confidently.

"Okay! Let's try to find a dress and if we don't find one here, at least let's make sure I have a better idea of what I want in a dress!"

"YEEEEEEEAH!" The girls said in unison. It made you feel so much better as you picked up your dress to walk back to the dressing room.

"(y/n)!"

"Yes?!" You said in a hurried voice.

"What do you think of this dress?" Bulma asked while they both giggled.

"Oh." You got caught up in the heat of the moment that you didn't really see yourself in the dress. You walked back to the larger mirror and stepped on the small platform again. You took a better look at yourself and you couldn't believe how beautiful you looked in this dress. You even blushed. The girls kept giggling and smiling - feeling happy for you.

You had tried on three more dresses after your first one and none gave you that feeling of this dress being 'the one.' You almost felt disappointed in the room as you sighed heavily. You were looking at the beautiful dresses and couldn't understand why none of them swept you off your feet. You remembered hearing that in a movie once. Maybe finding the perfect dress was going to take more time than you originally anticipated. 

Good thing a date hasn't been chosen yet.

You tried on your last dress for now which was a strapless dress that was almost a dusty pink with a lace pattern throughout. You loved the idea of having a different colored dress. Even though it is a tradition to have a white dress, you felt better in a different color. That was when the employees started looking around the store for dresses that were different shades of beautiful greens, blues, yellows, and pinks. You walked out of the room and walked over to the girls again to show them this dress and they were happy to see that you were happy. You mentioned that you didn't like this dress but you were in love with the color.

It was a great start.

Bulma suggested trying on a few more since we have most of the store to ourselves anyway. Even though the boys were going to be away for about an hour in Earth time, that doesn't mean we have to rush. Plus, clearly, Bulma wanted a little more of the free champagne. You were a little skeptical to keep trying because you just weren't sure if you were going to find your dress today. You also didn't want to pick out of random dress out of convenience. You didn't like the idea to buy a dress just to have one and not be honest like you've seen some people do. Due to them not having the courage to really say what they're feeling.

You walked back to the dressing room and you put on one more dress. As the nice woman was helping you put on the dress, you started feeling that you wanted Gohan to be here with you. You know it also isn't traditional to have the groom to be dress shop with the bride to be but considering all that has happened to you growing up, you couldn't help but not care about that stuff.

You tried on a pastel wedding dress that was long sleeved and lacey towards the collar. You really liked this one too. But, you started to feel more melancholy because you wanted to know what Gohan thought. You wanted Gohan to be more involved on your side too. 

This dress was going to be the last dress to try on for now and you thought you'd come back after doing more research now that you've become more educated on wedding dresses. It was actually nice being here and doing something you've never done before.

You walked out of the room and went over to the girl who was looking a little saucy. 

"Bulma? Chichi?"

"Yeeeees?" They asked in unison.

"Um...I think I should call us a cab back home."

"But we need to order dinner," Chichi added on. "Don't worry. I'll take care of dinner."

"Oh! You're such a nice girl! Gohan is so lucky to have you!" Bulma said with a cheery yet slightly slurred tone.

"I'm more lucky because she's going to daughter-in-law!" Chichi said sounding just a slurred. It created a big smile on your face.

"Excuse me. Can you help me out of this?"

"Of course."

You followed the woman to the back to help you out of the dress. It was easy to come out of and for some reason you thought about having a dress so big that three people had to help you get out of it. You don't know why but the thought felt fun. You guessed that you ended up having a better time than you originally thought.

You were glad to marrying into a family whose so thoughtful and carrying. Despite how 'out of this world' things can get.

You finished changing into your clothes and walked over to Bulma to get her phone to call a cab. You thanked the employees for everything and helped the girls up. The cab arrived in minutes and you helped them into the cab to go straight to Bulma's place. During the drive, you took care of dinner. You remembered what Bulma was talking about earlier and asked her who to call. She said to call her personal chef. 

That sounded so cool.

After finishing the call, you locked her phone and told her that you put it in her bag. She said thank you as they started having the hiccups. You thought it was cute. It didn't take long to arrive at Bulma's. You helped them into Bulma's room to lay down in her bed and gave them plenty of water and sandwiched to soak up champagne. You also made sure to have medicine nearby just in case.