28

Before leaving the girls alone, you asked Bulma if it was okay to walk around her place. She said sure as she turned in her bed still hiccuping. You thought it was still cute. You thanked her and closed most of the door. You wanted to leave it a crack open in case. Her place was huge. You've never been to a home this size. It almost felt surreal. You also thought about how many times Gohan must have visited her. Bulma is practically an aunt to Gohan. According to what Gohan has talked to you about. Walking down the hallways, you looked out the tall windows to see the view of the rest of her land.

It was huge.

You noticed that no one really treats Bulma any differently, from what you've seen so far, despite all of her money. It must be nice to know that despite how much is in her life, she still has people around her who truly care about her. Turning around, you were starting to feel a little lost. So, you decided to make your way downstairs to the kitchen to check on dinner.

As you walked down a nearby staircase. You weren't sure where you were. You started turning your head back as forth as you kept moving forward. Still not sure where you were going. Luckily, the boys appeared. 

"(y/n)!" Goten shouted as he flew int your arms. You hugged him back. It was so nice to see someone in this huge house.

"Where are you going?" Trucks asked.

"I'm trying to make my way downstairs to the kitchen. But, I'm a little lost. Can you two help me?"

"Of course!" They replied to you at the same time. Goten flew out of your arms to hold onto your right arm and Trucks the left. They both flew with you as you started yelling and kicking your legs around. Looks like you're only comfortable with Gohan flying around with you. Anyone else would make you freak out. Especially since they're holding onto your arms which isn't the most secure since they were going pretty fast.

"We're here!" They said in unison. You felt relieved.

"Thank you." You said trying to catch your breath and holding onto your knees. Since the boys weren't surprised at how you were reacting, this told you that this wasn't their first time.

"Want me to go check on the food!?" Trucks asked. You froze a little because you went through all that and not have the chance to check on the food. But, you didn't want to say no to how polite Trunks was being. So, you took in a large breath in, breathed out, and told him yes. Goten stayed with you as he flew back into your arms. It warmed you up inside. You were glad that Gohan's family liked you. You remembered being so worried that no one would like you. 

A lot of it had to do with where you are mentally. But, since you started receiving all of this love and respect, it started making you think and view things gradually differently. You even started to be in better moods as of late. It was weird to feel because you weren't used to feeling good so often but it was still nice nonetheless.

"The chef said he'll be done in a little while! Probably thirty minutes!"

"That sounds good. I think everyone will be back by then."

"It hasn't been that long." Goten brought up to you.

"I know. I thought I would feel a lot worse about everything. But when I learned it would be about an hour, I didn't feel as bad. I still felt worried but not as bad."

"Awe. I think I understand. But big brother and dad are really strong! They'll take care of everything." Hearing Goten say that made you smile. Because you knew Gohan could take care of things. You always believed in him.

"You're right Goten. Gohan will take care of things with your dad and everyone else. Thank you, Goten. You're a wonderful little brother."

"Goten! You're getting a new sister too!" Trucks pointed out.

"...I think I got one already." He said while giving you a big hug. It felt overwhelming at first to experience these kinds of moments but you were glad. It was nice. Today was just full of moments that made you feel emotional but in the best of ways.

"Can we go play!?" Trunks asked.

"Of course. Go Goten! I'll see you later." 

"Yaaaay!" Trucks and Goten said at the same time as they flew away in the direction you came from. You stood there for a moment thinking of what to do next. 

You felt stumped. 

Considering that you're practically in a mansion, you weren't sure of some of the things that people with mansions do for fun. The only thing you could think to do was to go outside and enjoy the weather since there are areas to sit at. All you could do now was maybe find a book to read while you waited for dinner to be done and for the everyone to come back.

Is there a library here?

You turned around to see if you could still see the boys but no luck. You took too long. If only you asked Trunks when you had the chance. Hopefully, maybe, while making your way outside, that you'll bump into another family member and ask where the books are. As you ventured for a way out of this huge house, you got lost again and ended up in one of the living areas. You didn't call it the living room because you were sure there was more than one. Then, you spotted a bookshelf. You sighed in relieve because you finally found something to do.

You checked the time and noticed that only about ten minutes passed. You sighed heavily. 

You walked in a slump over the bookshelf and checked out some of the books. A lot of them were books about science, finance, economics, and business. Plenty of things that you aren't familiar with. Maybe fiction somewhere? You kept scanning and looking through the books and found no fiction. So, you decided to reach for one of the science books that looked the easiest to read and wished yourself luck.

Luckily, there were doors leading outside nearby so you quickly went out through said glass doors. You saw a seating area that was a bit of a walk away but you got reminded of how nice the weather felt. It felt good hearing your shoes on the grass too. but, it wasn't fake grass and you felt it was expensive so you tried your best not to step on the grass pellets too hard. 

You couldn't understand at that moment why you felt so bad. It's just grass.

In moments, you got to the seat that had the umbrella next to it. You slowly sat down on the seat and it laid back. It was actually more comfortable than you thought it would be. You took in a deep breath and decided to relax for a little bit. There was a table too and you placed the book on top. You began to admire the view in front of you and placed your hands over your stomach. Things were happening kind of fast. You weren't sure if you ever took the time to reflex on how your life is currently.

This could be your time.

Taking in a few deeps breaths, you heard Goten yelling towards you.

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Big brother is back! Big brother is back!"

"I just sat down..."