16

Did you hear that correctly? Did Gohan just say that he's in love with you? You've never heard him say that to you before. And you two have been dating for over two years now. You knew that Gohan has so much love for you but being in love is a completely different sensation.

"Did you just say that you're in love with me?" You asked in a surprising voice.

"Yeah. I've never said it before? I could have sworn I have."

"You say you love me all the time but you've never told me that you're in love with me."

"Are you in love with me?" He asked. You paused.

"...of course I'm in love with you." At that moment, he slowly wrapped his arms around your waist. You wrapped your arms around his neck slowly as you two shared a deep and passionate kiss. This was that moment that people kill for and you were living it. It was moments like these that made you wish that time could freeze so that you and Gohan could enjoy these moments for as long as you wanted. During the kiss, you felt Goten roll closer to your back. You quickly pulled away from the kiss as a reflex. You laughed and then Gohan laughed.

"It's getting late."

"It is. Ready for bed?" You asked.

"I am. Have a good night, (y/n). Sleep well."

"Goodnight, Gohan. Sleep well."

                                                           **

It was dark. Everything felt eerie. You weren't sure where exactly you were. You knew you were running but you felt that your body was making no progress in accelerating forward. You kept feeling like your body was staying in one place even though you knew you were running away. You were running from something but you weren't sure what. Was it a person? A thing? You started panting more because whatever it was, it was growing closer and started to feel suffocating. Anxiety? Depression? It started to feel familiar. But, you continued running. You didn't want it to consume you. You wanted to get better and you knew you would the more you ran. Don't stop running. Don't stop running. Don't stop.

"Good morning." You started to hear a voice but you weren't sure who it was at first. It sounded very faded at first but then it continuously grew louder.

"Good morning!"

"Good morning!!" You gasped as your eyes shot open. Your head stayed on the pillow and you tried to recalibrate yourself. You felt your heart racing and felt someone jumping on the bed. When your breathing regulated, you saw that it was Goten jumping on the bed shouting that it's Christmas.

"Good morning! Good morning! It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" You looked to the side to see if Gohan was there and he wasn't. You let out a disappointing sigh. You expected him to be next to you when you woke up. He probably woke up earlier than usual and wanted to let you sleep. Goten clearly woke up after him.

"Hm? Are you okay, (y/n)?"

"Not really." You didn't see a point in lying to the child.

"What's the matter?"

"I had a nightmare."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. Those are always scary."

"Yeah. Mine felt very scary."

"You know what I would do anytime I had a nightmare?"

"What?"

"I would tell my mom. Then, we'd bake a cake together. We'd make these small cake parts so that we can make larger cakes into any shape I'd like. It's a lot of hard work but mom always does it to get my mind off it. It works because I would be thinking really hard to make a cake that no one has seen before!"

"...that sounds really nice." You said in a slightly exhausted voice. You almost felt winded from the dream. You remember running but not exactly what you were running from. Then, you decided that may it would be a good idea, for now, not to dig too deep into it. It's over now. Plus, it is Christmas. Today is going to be filled with nothing but Christmas cheer.

"Ready to start opening presents Goten?"

"Yeees!!" He shouted. He sounded so happy. 

"Awesome! Go ahead and I'll catch up."

"Okay! But hurry!" He said as he jumped off the bed and went running out of the room. You hung you held solemnly as you tried to get the nightmare out of your head. All you wanted was a shower. You got out of bed and went towards the bathroom. You knocked on the door and no one was inside. You went in and made sure there was a towel. You turned on the shower head and got right into the tub.

After finishing up in the bathroom, you went back to Gohan's room to change into the proper Christmas attire; an oversized Christmas sweater and a classic Santa hat. When you felt comfortable enough, you stepped out of the room and into the kitchen. Gohan's mom wasn't there. Maybe she was in the living room with Goten? You went to check but no one was there. You wondered where everyone was. You looked out the window and was surprised but what you saw; it was snowing. You rushed back into the room to slip on some warm boots before going outside and your coat.

You hurried outside and saw that Gohan and his family were working together to make a snowman.

"(y/n)! Good morning!" Gohan shouted at you as he rushed over to hug you. It very nice and soothing feeling his hug after such a nightmare. His parents shouted to have you join. Goten was at work trying to make the head of the snowman. His mom was taking care of the accessories and his dad was actually making snow angels. You quickly joined in helping out with the snowman. 

It took about 20 minutes but it was done and it actually looked pretty cute. Everyone stared at the marvel of their creation. You stood there smiling and feeling like you were actually having a good time. You felt like the nightmare was a punch to the gut but this moment - this moment was another moment you were grateful for. A moment you haven't felt in a long time.