Chapter 24 You can never wake a person who is pretending to be asleep

Credence's eyes turned even colder when he acknowledged Dorothy's indifferent expression and silence. "Rosalie is about to die in the operating room. It's all because of you. Not only do you not repent, but you also don't look worried at all. Are you still a human? For the past few days, I have been thinking about whether to send you to jail. It seems that I was too kind to you."

"If anything happens to her, you'll have to die with her!" Dorothy looked a calm expression as if he was a stranger.

"We've been married for four years. I'll ask you for the last time. Would you believe me if I tell you that I have never schemed against you and that everything, including Sheldon falling from the balcony and the incident in the parking lot, was planned by Rosalie herself? Would you believe me?"

Credence slowly lit a cigarette and took a deep drag. He stared at Dorothy coldly and asked, "Tell me then, was it necessary for her to frame you at the expense of her life?"

Upon hearing that, Dorothy gave a self-mocking smile. "So you don't believe me. And you have never believed me, right? Spill the beans. Why are you here? Do you want me to donate my kidney to Rosalie or pay with my life?"

Just as she finished her words, a doctor barged in anxiously. "Mr. Scott, Miss Rosalie is in a critical condition. We can't drag on any longer. She is in need of a blood transfusion urgently."

Credence lowered his head slowly and looked down at Dorothy. The expression on his face was grim and deadly.

"Get up. Transfuse your blood to Rosalie right now."

Had he ever considered her embarrassment and pain as his wife?

Dorothy propped herself up from the bed. After putting on her shoes, her chest up to her throat was so painful that she could not breathe. However, she did not want to show her weaknesses in front of him. Thus, she raised her chin and said steadily, "Let's go."

She slowly inserted her hands into the pockets of her blue-and-white-striped hospital gown.

There was a voice recorder in the pocket. It contained the confession of Rosalie, admitting that she was the one who hurt Sheldon and also faked the paternity test report.

She had planned to pass the recorder to Credence if he was willing to believe her.

But at this point, there was no need for it at all.

He had hurt her feelings cruelly again and again. Finally, she was tired and disheartened.

Dorothy followed Credence to the blood transfusion room with a calm expression.

A female nurse picked up a sharp needle and plunged it into the vein on her arm. She did not seem to feel any pain or sensation. She only frowned slightly, looking composed like a terminally ill patient who had lost all hope.

Her arm was so thin as if it could be broken by the wind. Fresh blood flowed from the needle to the white catheter, filling the transparent blood bag.

Seeing that Dorothy had no complaint, there was an inexplicable sense of anxiety and confusion in Credence's eyes.

He stared at her with a cold face. "I've been kind enough to you! I'm only asking you to donate your blood, and I've spared your life. What kind of attitude are you showing me?"

She kept quiet like a puppet doll that could not speak. Suddenly, it was as though she had become a different person. There was no emotion in her eyes. The woman, whose eyes would light up at the sight of him, who regarded him as her whole world, had disappeared.

At that moment, she exuded no warmth at all.

There was no difference in the way she looked at him or at any strangers!

A sense of panic suddenly washed through Credence. The sense of powerlessness from the inability to control her made him lose his mind. His voice became colder as he said, "Are you dead? Answer me!"

Dorothy opened her mouth, but no words came out. Instead, she looked down.

She was afraid that once she talked or moved, she would be in more pain.

Through the transparent glass window, she took a glance at the operating table next door, where Rosalie was wrapped in white gauze. She then closed her eyes in pain.

Credence's words were still ringing in her mind.

He had said that if Rosalie died, Dorothy would have to pay with her life.

At that moment, Dorothy wished that she was the one who was lying on the operating table instead!

At least, she did not have to face Credence's threat, nor did she have to see him showing affection toward another woman.

"What do you expect me to say?"

Dorothy's heart was in great pain from despair. She said in a trembling voice, "If Rosalie dies, I'm willing to pay with my life!"

"Are you satisfied with my answer?"

As soon as Juelz knew about the situation, he rushed over. He coincidentally saw that Dorothy was being forced to donate her blood. Not only that, but he also heard Dorothy saying that she was willing to die for Rosalie. His heart pounded and his body trembled with anger. Glaring at Credence furiously, he growled, "What the f*ck is wrong with you? How could you bully your wife like that? Are you even a man? Why should Dory pay for that b*tch's life? Why are you putting all the blame on Dory? As her husband, instead of seeking justice for her, you team up with that b*tch, to bully her instead? Are you in your right mind?"

Dorothy pursed her lips together. Finally, she showed some reaction. However, her face became even paler.

She curled her lips and smiled faintly. Clutching her painful chest, she said, "Stop it, Juelz. You can never wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. It's my responsibility to repay what I've owed to my Dad and Mom."

As she spoke, she grasped her chest and began to cough violently. She couldn't seem to stop coughing, as if she was about to cough out her internal organs.

"Dory, it's okay if he doesn't love you, I do! Let's go. I'll take you to my house today. I'll kill whoever who dares stop me!"

Juelz was heartbroken when he saw Dorothy's fragile appearance. He quickly rushed to her side. When he was about to pull out the needle inserted into her arm, he was stopped by Credence's strong arm.

Infuriated, Juelz pulled Dorothy into his arms. "Credence Scott, Dory had just suffered severe bleeding from her miscarriage, and now you are forcing her to donate so much blood. You are f*cking a monster!"

"As her husband, you have been oppressing Dory, putting her into endless sufferings. You have the power and authority in Talco city, but not in the whole country! I don't believe that no one in the world could control you. At the worst, I will fight you to death!

"Today, I am going to say this just one time. Dory is the woman I fell in love with at first sight. If you don't want her, I want her! I love her, and she doesn't hate me too. I will marry her once you divorce her. I want her to marry me gloriously and be the happiest woman in the world..."

On the impulse of a moment, Juelz blurted out all the things that he should and should not have said.

He felt relieved after he finished his words. With a smug look, he threw a glance at Credence. However, when he met Credence's gaze, he immediately fell silent..

.............