Chapter 151 My dear, I've missed you

When Dorothy walked out of the ultrasound room, there was a look of defeat on her face.

The doctor's words echoed in her mind over and over again, lingering in her ear and not going away.

She had not gotten pregnant. She had no child in her belly. The reason her period had not arrived was that since she had been mentally telling herself she was pregnant, her body had shown false signs of pregnancy.

She looked at Germaine's hopeful eyes and felt an amount of sorrow stuck in her throat, making her want to cry out loud.

She had worked so hard that night, so why had she still not gotten pregnant?

If she was not pregnant, then how was she supposed to save

Belle?

Should she try to find another suitable opportunity to get it on with Credence again?

Seeing how gloomy and decadent Dorothy was, Germaine softened her voice a little. She asked, "Dory, did we fail?"

"Yes."

Dorothy took Belle from Germaine's hands, slowly breathed in, and composed her emotions. She tried hard to hold back her tears and smiled bitterly, "I've failed this time. I don't know when I can get pregnant. I'm scared, Germaine. I'm really scared."

“The doctor only gave me a timeframe of one and a half years, which means that must succeed in getting pregnant in eight months. Otherwise, Belle, she..."

After listening to her words, Germaine was so disappointed that her face darkened too, but soon she cheered up. She pinched her palm with her nails and tried to make her voice normal and calm.

She showed a proud smile.

She patted Dorothy on the shoulder with concern. "Don't worry, Dory. As long as we work hard and don't give up, we'll find a way. If I can let you sleep with Credence once, then can make you sleep with him again, even countless times if you want to."

Hearing her words, Dorothy's agitated mood also eased. She nodded in agreement and said, "Yes, as long as we don't give up, we will definitely succeed."

The corners of Germaine's mouth slowly curved up. She said with a bright smile, "Yes, we must keep on having ambitions. What if we succeed one day?"

When they left the hospital, the three of them called a taxi to Palm City's airport. They booked three tickets for the latest flight back to Talco City in order to head back in the shortest amount of time.

As they waited for their flight, Dorothy handed Belle over to Germaine and went to the bathroom. When she came out, she found a remote corner and made a phone call to Juelz.

"Dory, why are you calling me?"

Juelz's passionate and urgent voice came from the phone. "Did you and Belle have a good time in Palm City?"

Didn't he understand the complexity of the situation? Why was he still asking if she had a good time or not? How on earth was she supposed to tell him?

Dorothy could not help but sob. She took a deep breath and suppressed her urge to shed tears. She gently smiled and replied, "Juelz, did something happen to you recently?"

"I'm doing just fine in Talco City. What can happen to me?" Juelz's voice got gentler and gentler, as if he was one with the calm water. He chuckled and said, "Dory, tell me, what rumors have you heard?"

"Juelz, are you still trying to keep me in the dark?"

Dorothy sighed and tried to make her voice sound calm and indifferent. "Credence is constantly pressuring you, and he even wants to shut down your company. I know all of that."