Chapter 118 The final verdict

Rosalie looked at the video of her being pressed onto the cold floor by a few gangsters as she screamed miserably. Her face immediately turned pale.

She really did not expect Credence to have such a trick up his sleeve.

Now that the video was being played in court, she had to do as he said. If she did not defend Dorothy, the video would start popping up all over the Internet. By that time, the whole world would know that Rosalie had been taken advantage of by thugs.

She would be like that famous actress, who had her nudes exposed, that she had ever read on the news. She would never be able to face anyone else ever again. She would forever be labeled as a slut.

At the thought of that, Rosalie shivered, turned around and looked at Credence with a pitiful gaze. He was sitting steadily in the courtroom like as solid as a mountain. Upon seeing his frigid gaze, her body trembled, and tears came out from the corner of her eyes.

She turned to look at the judge lon the stage and said with a pale face, "Sorry, am not in a good state today. I want to rest for a while."

Several judges discussed with each other for a few seconds before they denied Rosalie's request.

Rosalie grew helpless upon not receiving their consent. Under Credence's cold gaze, she had no choice but to defend Dorothy.

"About that...I want to explain the reason Dorothy had been so anxious in my ward after she woke up. In truth, had asked someone to send her in, because I had an impulsive thought at that time. No matter what, she's still my sister. I don't want her to leave me and my family."

"After that, I had a quarrel with my sister about Mr. Scott. She pushed me out of the window due to a moment of impulse. She had not done so intentionally. I don't blame her, and I'm willing to forgive her. I am willing to resolve this through mediation and compensation, so please, do not be too harsh on my sister."

Linda and Caleb did not expect to see their daughter being insulted to such an extent. Theyclearly knew that Credence had something to do with this, but they could not compete with him in terms of finances or connections.

They noticed Rosalie was hinting at them with her gaze, and they exchanged looks with each other for a few seconds. They could only plead Dorothy with darkened expressions.

"That's right. No matter what, Dory is still our daughter. hope that the honorable judges will lighten her sentence."

"That's right. We hope that the honorable judges will go easy on her."

Dorothy looked at this scene in a daze. Her mind was in a mess, and she could not think clearly for a long time.

She had thought that Rosalie and her foster parents would hate her for hindering Rosalie's path of happiness to marry Credence.

They would definitely torture her to death in court, and let her bear the crime of being a murderer.

However, now...

Rosalie had been taken advantage of by gangsters. That had really happened, but not only did her parents not blame her for that, they even changed their attitude towards her completely.

Her entire family was defending her. They all wanted her to have a lighter sentence, and the lesser the prison time she had, the better.

What did Rosalie mean by framing her as a murderer then defending her in court?

Dorothy thought about it for a long time, and she could only conclude that she was not smart enough.

However, she was certain of one thing and it was that Rosalie, Linda, and Caleb's strange change of attitude had something to do with Credence.

However, that man only held hatred for her, so how could he ever help her?

Dorothy turned her head and looked at the black figure who stood out in the crowd. She did not know how to face him.

Credence noticed her gaze and gave her a sidelong glance. His face was dark as he stared back at her.

After a cold look, he averted his eyes away and looked at the judges who were about to give their verdict on the high platform. He did not even lookat her again, and his entire aura seemed as if he was far, far away.

Upon seeing this, Dorothy's heart sank again. She bit her lower lip and slowly turned her head back.

However, the moment Dorothy turned her head around, she locked gazes with Juelz. When her clear eyes met his, he cocked his eyebrows and said with a smile, "Dory, that's great, you don't have to stay in prison for a long time now. Thank the heavens."

He looked like someone who had infinite energy when he laughed happily.

Only Credence was capable of causing such a reversal, but since he was not revealing it, Juelz would pretend to not know what he had done.

D*mn it, he was a fool with a pair of sharp eyes. How dare he torture Dorothy over and over again. She had been in so much pain that she did not want to live any longer. He would be out of his mind to put in a good word for Credence in front of Dorothy.

After all, he was still waiting for the day that he would win Dory's heart!Dorothy did not know what was on Juelz's mind. She focused all her attention on the judges in the center who were slowly standing up. Her mind was blank and even her breathing was shallow.

In his hand was a judgement book, on which was her final verdict.

Was she going to be sent to jail? If so, how long did she have to stay in prison? All of that was in the hands of that judge.

"Dorothy Fisher has been involved in the case of unintentionally hurting Rosalie Fisher in the hospital ward that occurred last month. The final verdict is out. I now announce Dorothy Fisher to be sentenced to prison for one year. Considering that she is pregnant, we will make exceptions for her. She will only be detained for half a year, and the other half will be a suspended sentence."

In other words, if Dorothy performed well during that first half of the year, she would not have to stay in jail for the consecutive half of the year.

The solemn and dignified voice of the judge echoed in Dorothy's ears for a long time, but she could not come to her senses after hearing such adramatic change in her verdict.

She remained in such a state until Ivana came over. She said with a smile, "Miss Fisher, this is the best result you could ever obtain." Dorothy finally smiled and replied with mixed feelings, "Thank you, Ivana."

Dorothy could see the man with dark eyes standing up and leaving from the corner of her eyes. It was as if he had not seen her at all. Her eyes slowly welled up with tears.

She wanted to lie to herself. She wanted to tell herself that if he was busy with his business but still had time to come here, it meant that he still had some lingering feelings for her!

However, how was that possible?

He would not even take a second look at her and only thought of her as a stranger.

Dorothy's slender fingers were turning pale. She gritted her teeth and held back the bitterness in her heart as she stiffly turned her head back.

She faced Juelz's handsome face, "Dory, did you hear that? Half a year! You can come out after only half a year in prison! I've just asked Mr. Yates, and he said thatif you perform well during this half year, your sentence can even be reduced! Haha, that's great, I'm so f*cking happy today..."

Before he finished speaking, Dorothy was held tightly in his embrace. She felt his surging excitement and hot body temperature. She felt a warm feeling in her heart.

Credence was destined to be the man she could never obtain, thus she decided that she should not be too concerned about him. She had her own child in her womb, Juelz, and even Germaine. That was enough. She should be satisfied.

A few policemen came over. Dorothy was taken back to the detention room and was quickly sent to Talco City's prison.

She met an unexpected guest in the prison cell reserved for a single person.

........