Chapter 38 Are you really so cheap?

Dorothy's body couldn't help trembling. She knew that Credence could really put his words into action.

The most powerful man in Talco City was certainly not a kind-hearted person.

However, the cruelty in his bones was hidden well under his mature and restrained appearance. Sometimes, even Dorothy forgot how cold-hearted this man really was.

She staggered over and pounced on Credence's back. She grasped both of his arms tightly from behind and said through gritted teeth, "Please don't kill Juelz. It's all my fault. It has nothing to do with him. I'll bear all the consequences alone."

After all, she was an orphan and had no family. It would not

matter whether she was dead or alive!

Credence's cold gaze landed on Dorothy's face. When their eyes caught, he could see the sadness and worries in her eyes. All of a sudden, he felt a dull pain in his heart.

The scene he was greeted with when he broke into the hotel

room the previous night lingered in his mind for a long time.

Dorothy was hugging Juelz intimately while he affectionately kissed her cheeks. The glaring scene made Credence's blood boil so much that it almost exploded.

Even now, the intimate scene was still tearing him apart, as if splitting his nerves.

He felt heartbroken. However, the pain could not compare to the humiliation of his male ego being challenged.

After living for twenty-nine years, no one had ever had the nerve to betray or humiliate him. Much to his surprise, this wife of his was bold enough to go to extremes.

How could he tolerate it?

There was no way he would let things slide!

Everything was like a ball of fire, cutting off Credence's rationality.

"Are you risking your life to protect him because you like him? Were you so desperate that after having a drink, you followed him to the hotel to sleep with him? Dorothy, are you really so cheap? Don't forget that you're still my wife. No man can be kind and tolerant to another man who wants to steal his wife, especially me!"

Credence gave her a mocking smile and slowly withdrew his gaze. He locked his eyes on Juelz, who was lying on the ground in a half-dead state. His fingers suddenly clenched the sharp knife in his hand. With a swift movement, he stabbed it into a spot less than two centimeters away from Juelz's heart...

Although he could not kill Juelz for the time being, he could still injure him and make him lie in the hospital for several months.

The moment the knife stabbed into Juelz's chest, blood could be seen gushing out of the wound.

Five seconds later, Credence pulled the knife out. He then held it between his two fingers, fiddling with it nonchalantly.

"Argh..."

Juelz, who had long lost his consciousness, suddenly let out a painful hiss. His body twitched from time to time. In no time, a large amount of blood flowing out soaked his white T-shirt and jeans.

The blood splattered everywhere, including the white walls and floors. The air was instantly filled with the smell of blood.

Credence's movements were swift. Before Dorothy could react, she felt something wet and warm splashing onto her head, her face, and her exposed arm.

Not to mention, the warm liquid slid down the corner of her eye.

Would Juelz die from losing so much blood?

Dorothy quickly pulled the blue cloth and covered Juelz's wound. Her eyes seemed to be covered by a layer of blood, obstructing her vision.

She touched the corner of her eye gently. The stickiness of her fingers made her face look even more miserable.

She knew Credence had already defined her as a sl*t. He was determined that she had cheated on him and slept with Juelz. It would be useless to explain herself now.

"You're right. I do like Juelz."

Dorothy raised her head and stared quietly at Credence's expressionless face. Slowly, her lips curled into a faint smile. And then, tears ran down her cheeks.

"Do you know why I like him? Because compared to you, he is much gentler, kinder, and real. He treats me with sincerity and honesty! Whenever I'm with Juelz, I'm very happy and relaxed. Isn't that what all women dream of? To have a man who cares about them and thinks about them all the time? Since I have found Juelz, why do I have to hang around a man who does not even love me?"

Each time Dorothy said something against her will, her heart ached a little more.

She had been in love with Credence for ten years and had married him for four years. All he repaid her was his cruelty.

Whenever she thought of the past where he had hurt her mercilessly, her body would convulse. She would feel as if her heart had stopped beating. It was so painful that she did not want to continue living...

"Have you fallen in love with Juelz Sherman?"

Credence's voice was as cold as ice.

Upon hearing that, Dorothy shuddered. She felt as if her heart was pricked by a bunch of needles. She slowly raised her head and gazed at Credence. Her eyes were watery as she asked, "You're my husband. Can't you tell who I love?"

Credence returned her gaze. He suddenly stopped playing with the knife, holding it firmly in his palm again. Then, he slowly moved his hand to the area between Juelz's legs, which were soaked in blood. "Seems like you think that was too kind to him. What if..."

"No! Don't do that!"

Dorothy was scared out of her wits by Credence's actions. Juelz would be really disabled if Credence were to stab that part. If he became impotent, no matter how wealthy the Sherman family was, he would live a miserable life forever.

She could not just stand by and watch Juelz be disabled by Credence! With that, Dorothy pounced on Credence, reaching out for the sharp weapon in his hand.

Credence did not move his arm an inch. However, Dorothy failed to snatch the knife away from his strong grip. She could only watch in fear as the knife inched closer and closer toward Juelz's crotch... "I'm sorry. I was wrong. It's all my fault. Please let Juelz go. It's up to you that you want me to live or die. I'm at your disposal!"

For the first time, she was sobbing hysterically in front of him.

Just because of a man, she gave up her self-esteem and pride, kneeling down by his side and begging him.

"Go to the operating room and donate your kidney to Rosalie

right away," Credence ordered in a deep voice.

"Okay. I'll do whatever you want me to do."

Dorothy immediately rose to her feet. Without wiping off the tears and bloodstains on her face, she dashed forward without looking back.

She was worried that if she was a second slower, Credence would go back on his word and take Juelz's life.

In the long corridor, she ran halfway. Without thinking, she stopped and suddenly looked back to Credence. She hesitated and whispered, "Can you arrange for a doctor to treat Juelz immediately?"

After a long while, Credence responded with a nod. Seeing that, Dorothy felt happy and bitter at the same time.

At least, nothing bad would happen to Juelz anymore.

Dorothy naively thought that everything would be over. After all, Credence had agreed to send Juelz to the doctor for treatment.

Never did she expect that it was just the beginning of Credence's revenge..

.............