Chapter 89 Stop lying to me

"Credence...to be honest, I don't know why I had suddenly pushed Rosalie out of the window. However, my intuition tells me she has planned all this."

Facing the man who looked cold and expressionless, Dorothy felt as if she had fallen into a huge ice cave and was being surrounded by cold water. She shivered and could even feel her eyes brimming with tears.

She did not know why her eyes were teary. She only knew that what was happening was like a nightmare. It was as if she had been entangled in the center of a spider web she could not escape or move in.

Her sister, Rosalie, was the one who had set all that up. Her foster parents were also accomplices in the scheme.

Their purpose was to frame her as a murderer.

A murderer was not qualified to be Credence's wife and could not be Mrs. Scott any longer.

Even if Credence did not want her to leave, he would be pressured by the Scott Group's shareholders as well as the overwhelming public comments on the internet. He would have to divorce her, eventually.

Rosalie had indeed plotted a good plan.

Dorothy had lost to a scheming woman. She was truly amazed by Rosalie's abilities!

While she was in a trance, the incandescent light above her head pierced through her eyes, stinging her eyes. She could see Credence's handsome face that wore a darkened expression. His gaze was fixed on hers.

"You had been staying peacefully in Palm City, so why are you here all of a sudden?"

What he actually wanted to ask was why she had suddenly come to Talco City to murder Rosalie.

However, looking at Dorothy's pale and stiff face, Credence remained silent for a while. He finally chose to question her in a gentler way.

There were so many witnesses and so many videos shared online. No matter how capable he was, he would never be able to allow Dorothy to get away scot-free...

It turned out that he was not omnipotent after all!

Credence's temples suddenly throbbed, and his heart was filled with a sense of defeat. He stood in front of Dorothy as he suppressed the bitterness at the back of his throat.

"If you want me to believe you, then tell me

everything that happened."

His cold and familiar breath entered her nostrils. Dorothy's heart ached. She was in so much pain that she could not breathe..

"Do you really believe me?"

Her voice was incredibly light, with a hint of incredulity as she asked.

Although Credence's hearing was sharp, he frowned as he needed to concentrate to listen to Dorothy clearly.

He suddenly raised his hand and gently wiped the tears off her face with his slightly coarse fingers. He stared at her passionately with his dark eyes, "Dorothy, listen to me. You are my wife. You are willful, stubborn, and strong. Perhaps I don't know you too well, but I'm sure you are not a murderer."

The next second, he bent down slightly with his forehead resting on her shoulder. He hugged her and kissed her delicate, pale neck with his thin, cold lips. He whispered, "Dorothy, I believe you!" Her neck was burning hot. Dorothy trembled as she

was caught off guard by Credence's sudden kiss.

There were even drops of water on her skin...

Was he crying?

Was he crying for her, or for Rosalie's tragic state?

Dorothy slowly raised her head and fixed her gaze on Credence. When she looked into Credence's bloodshot dark eyes, she could see that he looked exhausted and haggard.

"Do you really believe me? Do you believe I had never thought of killing Rosalie?"

After getting his affirmative answer, Dorothy smiled sincerely, "I now know that you really believe me!! heard that someone has called the police. I know that the police will come to the hospital and take me away soon. Can you help me from being sentenced to jail?"

She thought to herself, "Do you know you won't just be saving me, but your child as well?"

If she really went to jail, then her child would have a convicted murderer as a mother. It was something that the child could never get rid of for the rest of their life!

Just as Dorothy was talking, she heard the ear- piercing sirens coming from a distance. The sound was getting closer and closer...

"I'm sorry, can't fulfill your request!"

Since he was already admitting that he was
defeated by his limitations, Credence had no choice but to shake his head at her. It was not that he did not want to help her, it was

just that he really was not able to.

If the matter had already spread to everyone in Horsburg, he could not cover up what Dorothy had done given his limited influences in the Talco City.

Everything had happened too fast and too sudden. Even if he was powerful, he could not get rid of Dorothy's act of committing murder in public.

Credence slowly let go of the imprisoned woman in his embrace. He clenched his fists with a calm expression and slammed his fists into the wall with a loud bang, causing the entire ward to shake.

Dorothy's heart suddenly tightened. She looked up at his tense expression, as if she had suddenly realized something, yet she could not fully believe it,"Credence, you believe me, but you're not going to help me. Is that what you truly mean?"

Credence stretched his hand out and wiped away the tears on her face, "Sorry, I can only find you the best lawyer in Horsburg and try to request for your sentence to be reduced as much as possible."

"I will wait until you are released."

The last sentence was deep with his voice low. It was inaudible to Dorothy who was in a state of trance.

"Find the best lawyer for me?"

"Try to request for my sentence to be reduced?

With every sentence, Dorothy's cold smirk deepened. She suddenly smiled lightly, raised her slender fingers, and poked Credence at the place his heart was. She showed a cold smile, "There's no place for me in here, right? I'm so stupid to believe what you told me. I thought you believed me I did not want to kill Rosalie. I thought that you believed I'm not a murderer, but... I was mistaken. I was incredibly mistaken, completely mistaken!"

"You're such a powerful figure in the Talco City. All you need to do is make a call to the police, but you're actually telling me you can't do it!" she thought to herself.

"Credence, you've never ever loved me for one second. You've said so many nice words just to coax me into going to prison, haven't you?"

"Stop lying to me and stop lying to yourself! Tell me honestly, is it so difficult for you to say that you love Rosalie and not me??

The sound of rapid footsteps could be heard at the corridor, getting closer and closer.

Someone shouted, "Police! Hurry up, the murderer is in the ward at the end of the corridor. Don't let her come out and commit another murder. That homicidal maniac is too horrifying!"

Hearing those words, Dorothy was in despair. Her fingers, which had been poking Credence's chest earlier, shook continuously. When the policemen entered, she used all of her strength to slap Credence. Her face was filled with resentment and sadness.

"Credence, hate you! I hate myself for falling in I love with you even more! Now, it's all over..."

It was all over!

Facing Dorothy's calm and sorrowful gaze,

Credence's heart seemed to have been hollowed out and was bleeding profusely with blood that was icy cold. He was in so much pain that he turned numb and lost all his senses.

The officer who led the team greeted Credence with great respect. Then, he walked forward and handcuffed Dorothy, taking her away.

............