Chapter 181 Look like a Siren

"I got this information from Rosalie, Dorothy."

When he saw the turmoil of emotions in her eyes, Credence could not help but feel sorry for her. He licked his lips as he held her cold and trembling hands and explained. "But I did not get it directly from her. The stalkers who were following us revealed everything in exchange for their lives."

"Oh, I see."

Dorothy nodded mechanically as she continued to stare at Leilani's elegant photo on the phone. She did not feel happy after finding out who her real mother was. Instead, her face turned pale, and her eyes were filled with denial and grief.

She looked at him and said slowly, "If she really is my mother, then I really don't understand why she would abandon me right after she gave birth to me. Why did she ruthlessly send me to a welfare home? Has she ever regretted it? Has she ever thought about me?"

Six years ago, Dorothy became a mother as well when she gave birth to Belle. After enduring so many hardships and finally seeing her daughter's rosy tender little face, she wanted to give her baby girl the finer things in life so that she could be happy for the rest of her life.

Belle was a part of her, after all.

Dorothy thought that even if she had to give up all her wealth and possessions, she would never give up her precious daughter.

But why had her parents given her up so easily?

The more she thought about it, the more her heart ached and the pain evolved into agony, torturing her. She wanted all of this to be nothing but a nightmare.

"Dorothy, relax. Let me arrange for you and Madam Chilton to do a paternity test before we continue talking about this."

The man frowned as he stared at Dorothy's dejected face. He stretched out his hands and gripped her trembling fingers tightly then pulled her into his arms little by little.

He too wanted to know why her parents had been ruthless enough to abandon her.

She should have had a life like Rosalie's. A life filled with the love and care of both her parents, rather than living a miserable life and being trampled on by Caleb and Linda.

However, if Dorothy really had received her parent's love, he would not have had the chance to meet her and marry her. She wouldn't even have to endure the hellish four years of marriage...

Credence narrowed his eyes and a sense of dullness and anger surge wildly in his heart, unable to calm down for a long time.

At the end of the day, he was the same as Dorothy's parents. They had once trampled on her and abandoned her. Fortunately, he had realized his mistake soon enough.

Credence raised his arm and wrapped it around Dorothy's shoulder as he looked at her with a deep and gentle gaze, "Dorothy, we can't change the past, but we can do something about the future. Whether Madam Chilton is your biological mother or not, you don't have to be sad." He comforted her.

"Your future has nothing to do with your parents, but it has everything to do with me. Believe me, just give me another chance, okay? You don't have to be afraid of the dark, I will be with you and we'll watch as the sun rises."

It turned out that Credence was indeed capable of being romantic. However, she meant nothing to him in the past, so he naturally would not have said these sorts of words.

So was the reason for him to speak so lovingly to her was that she finally had a place in his heart?

Dorothy could hear her heart pounding furiously as if she was going to have a heart attack.

A voice kept circling in her mind, "Believe him, believe him..."

She wanted to give him, as well as herself, another chance.

She looked up, and kissed the corner of his lips softly with her eyes wide open, "Credence Scott, if you hurt me one more time, I can assure you that you will never find me or Belle ever again."

Her words seemed threatening, but it was filled with the coquetry of a charming woman. It immediately sent the blood in his entire body boiling; he wanted nothing more than to have her in his arms like this for the rest of his life.

It wasn't until they had hugged for a long time that Dorothy recovered from the tender moment. She was suddenly reminded of the serious wound on the man's legs, so she broke free from his embrace and squatted down to slowly remove the blood-stained gauze, then threw it into the trash can.

After that, she pressed the bell and asked the nurse to change his dressing.

Credence laid on the bed and coldly refused the nurse's attempts to do so. He raised a teasing eyebrow at Dorothy and said, "You do it, only my woman gets to see my body."

He said it matter-of-factly, but Dorothy's heart beat violently at his words.

She put on an embarrassed smile, took the medical kit from the nurse's hands, lowered her head to apply the dressing for the man, and bandaged it with clean gauze.

After that, Dorothy saw that Credence looked a little tired, so she let him rest. She quietly left the ward and went to find him some food.

Meanwhile, in a luxury suite inside Talco Hotel...

Rosalie had just received news that all the mercenaries who had failed their mission despite them being paid well had died from the explosive car accident. She furiously smashed the cup in her hand onto the coffee table and it smashed.

"What a bunch of trash! I spent so much money, yet they failed!"

When a thug came in to send her something, Rosalie was still furiously smashing porcelain wares.

The thug trembled. Ever since this woman got back in touch with her sugar daddy, her temper was getting worse and worse.

Just as he decided to leave and wait for everything to settle before coming back, Rosalie glared at him and asked fiercely, "What is it?"

He waved the item in his hand and said, "Miss Rosalie, although those mercenaries are dead, they haven't been completely useless. It seems like they have told Credence about this woman."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, absolutely. Our men have been hiding in the dark the whole time. We secretly filmed the whole incident before the explosion happened."

Rosalie's malicious expression returned and all traces of anger instantly dissipated. She hurriedly snatched the camera from the thug's hands..