Chapter 152 Shameless

"Dory!"

Dorothy heard the sound of hurried footsteps coming from behind her. Juelz's anxious voice sounded, "Dory, stop. Don't go inside. Come back with me, okay?"

Dorothy was stunned. She had never expected Juelz to come here so fast.

On the phone, he had asked her where she was, but she had replied that she was going shopping nearby. She had not expected him to locate her whereabouts so soon.

She asked, "Juelz, why are you here?"

She stood at the door of the room with no intentions of backing out of her plan.

She finally got a chance to reconcile with Credence, and there was no way she could give up.

If she failed to show up this time, then how serious would the consequences be? Dorothy could not imagine how serious things would unfold.

Juelz ignored Dorothy's question. His tired and bloodshot eyes flashed as he walked towards her, stretched his hand out, and grabbed her shoulders. After that, he turned her around, trapped her between himself and the wall, and spoke in a hoarse voice that was laced with disappointment, "Dory, Credence is inside alone, isn't he? Why are you meeting him alone?"

"Juelz, stop getting so anxious. Will you listen to me?"

For the past few days, Juelz had been under tremendous pressure. He had lost a lot of weight, and dark circles could be seen under his eyes. He was extremely fatigued and haggard.

He was supposed to be the most carefree man in Talco City!

However, for her and Belle's sake, for them to live a normal life without financial burden. He had pulled himself up from the ground and became a businessman. He did the things he detested the most every day and slowly but surely, he became the person he hated the most.

The better he treated her, the more she was unable to repay him. Gradually, she felt a deep sense of guilt.

She really couldn't continue to be so selfish as to hide in the cocoon of happiness that Juelz had created for her. She could not just push all her burdens on him and let him shelter her from the wind and rain forever.

Belle was her daughter, her responsibility. What rights did she have to let Juelz shoulder everything?

Dorothy slowly raised her head and looked at the tenderness in his eyes, an unspeakable feeling of pain re-surging in her heart.

The stinging pain made her throat choke and her eyes filled with tears, "Juelz, listen to me. Belle is my daughter. She's not related to you in any way. Now, she is ill and I need to save her. It's my business on how I'm going to save her. Don't get involved in this anymore, alright?"

"You've already done so much for Belle and me. I can't watch the company that you've built with your blood and sweat go down because of me and get destroyed by Credence!"

"Moreover, I don't want you to be hated by Credence because of me, I don't want..."

She no longer wanted him to have to sacrifice his own life for her!

Apart from Germaine, he was the only person in the world who could give her warmth. How could she have the heart to push him to the edge of danger?

Dorothy raised her head and closed her eyes harshly to keep the tears from flowing out.

She must not show weakness in front of Juelz as that would only make him feel even more worried, and he would only grow more reluctant to let her go and find Credence by herself.

When Juelz saw how brave and calm she was, he felt a sharp pain in his heart, as if he had been pricked by needles.

He suddenly pulled her into his arms and looked at her pale face with tenderness in his eyes. They were bloodshot red and filled with dejection and defeat.