Chapter 105 Watched it with my own eyes

Jonathan had never seen Credence look so defeated.

For a moment, he did not know how to comfort him. What was more, Credence had always! been a decisive man, so what he needed was not comfort.

After thinking for a while, Jonathan took a box of cigarettes out of his pocket. He lit a cigarette and put it in Credence's hands.

After he lit another cigarette and took a few puffs, he sighed helplessly, "Credence, you still don't know much about women. In my opinion, Dorothy once loved you immensely herself. It's impossible for her to divert her affection to another man so quickly and have sex with him."

"I know more about women than you do. They are not like us men, who can go to bed with anyone even if we don't have any feelings for them.

Women are only willing to sleep with the man that they truly love."

"In conclusion, women do the deed because of love, while men love due to sexual desires?! SinceDorothy loves you so much, she would never have sex with another man within such a short period of time. Listen to me, because I can't be wrong."

Credence slowly exhaled a mouthful of smoke. His tall and straight body suddenly stiffened like iron and he sneered coldly, "She relies on Juelz. I saw it with my own eyes. She even admitted that the child belongs to Juelz. heard her say so with my own ears."

His face was plain. Apart from a look of defeat, there were no other emotions in his eyes.

However, he desperately lit another cigarette for himself again and inhaled harshly. He was anxious, so he desperately needed to be stimulated by nicotine, so as to calm his disordered heart.

Ever since Dorothy's clear eyes had lost all her affection for him, ever since she calmly said that she wanted a divorce and that her child belonged to Juelz, his heart had started to beat uncontrollably.

His heart pumped without emotions, and the only thing accompanying him was panic that was gradually rising in his heart.

He put the cigarette between his fingers to his this.

........

Inside the ward.

Dorothy laid on the bed weakly. She looked at Juelz with a mixture of apologies and guilt, "The doctor said that as long as am in bed and rest for a month, will be fine. You don't have to come to see me every day. You can wait until your body is healed first."

Juelz cocked an eyebrow and raised his arms up, striking a superhero pose. He said, "See, haven't I become much stronger? These days, I've hired an international boxing champion to teach me how to strengthen my body. I promise you, in less than half) a year, that b*stard Credence will be beaten up to pieces by me."

Dorothy pursed her lips tightly and smiled in exasperation, "Juelz, I'm sorry, it's all my fault. If it weren't for me, you would never have had to get hospitalized so many times."

"Dory, please don't apologize to me, ever."

Juelz was hurt by Dorothy's polite attitude. He

suddenly laughed in a self-deprecating way.

"After all these years, don't you understand how feel about you? admit I am not as good as Credence, and I don't have a huge company to manage. However, Dory, my love for you is completely sincere,"

After a pause, Juelz clenched his fists, and his eyes were full of affection as he stared at Dorothy, "Sometimes I would imagine a huge earthquake happening in Talco City. If that really happens, I would rather use my life to protect yours."

"Perhaps only in this way, only by sacrificing my life for you can I have a place in your heart forever. Only in this way will you remember me for the rest of your life."

Every word from Juelz echoed in Dorothy's ears in a sincere and intense way. Dorothy's heart ached, and she felt terrible upon hearing his every word.

She quickly blinked away the tears in her eyes.

She choked on her sobs, and she was unable to utter anything even after a long time.

After leaving Credence and divorcing him, her plan was to never get married again.

When the baby in her womb was born, she would take the child tofind an average-sized city or an ordinary small town. They would live a normal life without any sorrow or happiness for the rest of their lives.

Four years of marriage had brought her more sorrow than happiness; she had received more

despair than happiness.

She was terrified of it.

She was terrified of men, and of marriage too. She had gotten heavily traumatized from both, so she feared both greatly.

Her heart was as desolate as the bleak wind in the winter.

She did not think that she would be able to love another man without reservations like she had done so when she had been sixteen years old and loved Credence.

A heartbroken woman whose heart was completely shattered would completely lose the ability to fully love someone else.

Even if Juelz loved her with all his heart, she was unable to love him back.

Dorothy's eyes were bloodshot. She looked at the man who treated her like a treasure. She felt guilty and smiled bitterly, "Juelz, I've used you as a shield so that could deceive Credence and let him believe that you're the actual father of the child in my womb,"

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I've given all my enthusiasm and love to Credence. can't afford to give you what you want. You should go back and have a good rest. I'll be here..."

"Dory, don't say that. Don't say anything else. I understand you. I've always understood you. It's just hard for me to accept this fact. had thought that as long as worked hard, as long as I helped you unconditionally, you would love me back some day..."

Juelz was silent. He let out a bitter laugh and said in a lonely manner, "I am a little hurt right now. Can you let me stay by your side for a little longer?"

Dorothy could tell that he was hurt, but he still wanted to stick by her side. How could she not feel distressed?

She looked at the time, but could not bear to ask him to leave.

However, in the end, the harmonious atmosphereturned awkward.

In order to ease the awkwardness, Dorothy slowly closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Juelz stood by the bed. When he saw that she would rather pretend to be asleep than talk to him, he knew that he had been too hasty and had scared her away. He choked and felt as if his mouth was stuffed with food.

He felt extremely miserable.

Suddenly, he looked at the children's clothing and hats on her pillow. He had carefully chosen them.

Since she had placed these delicate little things close to her bed, it meant that Dorothy was really satisfied with them.

Juelz smiled, and he intertwined his fingers with hers. He said, "Dory, you can reject my feelings, but as long-time friends, hope that you won't hold me back from taking care of you and the baby in your belly."

Dorothy did not answer. She suddenly fixed her eyes on the door behind him. She pursed her lips together tightly and said nothing.

Juelz followed her sight and looked in confusion.

When he had a clear look at what she was seeing, his tall body suddenly tensed and stiffened.

........