Chapter 42 Something suspicious

Credence took out his mobile phone and pressed the answer button. There was a dark pool of indecipherable emotion in his eyes.

On the other end of the line, Rosalie coughed weakly. "Credence, the doctor said that my operation was successful. What about Dorothy? How is she?"

Credence could feel her sincere concern for Dorothy.

Perhaps, Rosalie did not know anything!

Credence's expression softened a little. However, his face was still gloomy when he replied, "Something happened to her after she gave her kidney to you."

"What happened? Tell me, Credence. What happened to Dorothy?"

Credence suddenly heard a commotion over the phone. He guessed Rosalie was in a hurry to get up and visit Dorothy in the operating room, but she was stopped by the doctors and nurses. Her delicate voice showed extreme anxiety. "Let go of me! All of you, let me out! I want to see my sister. What happened to her? What happened? Tell me..."

Upon hearing that, Credence hung up the phone and walked to the monitoring room.

Jonathan caught up to him and asked, "Where are you going?"

"Rosalie is awake. I'll go to see her. Also, I need to ask the doctor about the details of her operation."

Credence threw a glance at Jonathan without stopping.

"What's there to ask? This hospital is not comparable to mine in other aspects. But when it comes to organ transplantation, it's definitely the best in Talco City. Furthermore, how could Dorothy possibly lose her life by just donating a kidney? Credence, you must investigate this incident thoroughly. If you are busy with your work, I can do it. I'm dying of boredom."

After recovering from the shock of Dorothy's accidental death, Jonathan had a hunch that there was something wrong with the whole situation. He was determined there was something fishy about it.

Because Credence was deeply involved, he could not see through Rosalie's true intention. Or perhaps, he was too arrogant, thinking that Rosalie would never have the guts to deceive.

Anyway, Jonathan and Marvin did not like Rosalie very much. If he had to choose between Rosalie and Dorothy, he would rather choose Dorothy. At the very least, Dorothy was kind.

She looked gorgeous and was pleasing to the eyes. Also, she did not have the kind of aggressiveness that Rosalie had.

"I will investigate the truth. You don't have to worry about it."

There was no expression on Credence's face. He stared at Jonathan and said in a voice that was as cold as ice, "Perhaps it's Dorothy's fate."

After that, he pushed the door open and entered the monitoring room.

Watching Credence's back, Jonathan was rendered speechless. He gave a wry smile. It seemed that he should not poke his nose into other people's business.

After all, Dorothy was Credence's wife, and he did not even want to seek justice for her. Why should an outsider like Jonathan intervene? It would only ruin their brotherhood.

Jonathan shook his head helplessly. Suddenly, an idea struck him. Then, he turned around and headed toward the direction of the operating room.

Just then, a nurse was pushing a silver-white cart out. It was covered with a layer of white cloth. There seemed to be a young woman beneath the cloth. Her face was shadowy and could not be seen clearly. But her smooth hair could be seen hanging down on her left.

When the cart was pushed past Jonathan, his heart skipped a beat.

"Hang on," he blurted out.

Jonathan flashed his signature charming smile and walked over to the nurse.