Chapter 57 Hate this woman in front of her

Linda stood there with an acrimonious sneer on her round face.

Dorothy didn't expect to see her adoptive mother there, and she was stunned for a moment.

"Mom, why are you here?"

"Why can't I be here?"

Linda glared at Dorothy with hatred. She wanted to rush over to Dorothy and tear off a few pieces of her flesh. She said, "Dorothy, I brought you back from the welfare home and worked hard to raise you. Yet, you're such an ungrateful brat! Do you know that Rosalie attempted suicide in the hospital? It was such a deep gash. If the doctor hadn't saved her in time, she wouldn't have lived. If you have any grievances, please come to me. Why do you want to hurt Rosalie all the time?"

"It's all your fault, Dorothy. Why can't you let Credence go? It was you who took Credence away from Rosie. Now that your relationship with Credence is broken, why don't you divorce him? Why do you keep holding on to Credence and refuse to let him go?"

"Tell me, how much money do you want so that you're willing to leave Credence? Are 5 million dollars enough?"

"Mom, your purpose of meeting me is to ask me to divorce Credence... to grant your daughter Rosalie's wish?" Dorothy asked.

Dorothy's fingers clung to the two black ribbons on her handbag tightly. She could feel sorrow in her heart, suffocating her.

She always knew that, ever since Linda and Caleb gave birth to their own daughter Rosalie, their feelings toward Dorothyhad changed completely.

However, she did not intend to blame them.

After all, it was common to be partial to one's biological daughter rather than one's adoptive daughter.

However, she believed that in terms of gratitude and filial piety to her parents, she faired better than Rosalie did. However, she was still an outsider, an outsider who was excluded from the Fisher family.

"Yes, that's what I mean," Linda replied.

She sneered and spoke as if it was a matter of fact, "I've watched you all these years. Although you've married Credence as you wished, you're not happy at all. Credence only has Rosalie in his heart. It is pointless for you to keep pestering him like this. It's better to divorce him and wish him and Rosalie the best."

"Dorothy, in life, one should know their own worth. Given your status as an orphan, you don't even have the right to stand beside Credence. As for Sheldon's matter, you should thank him for not sending you to prison. However, he will never forgive you. Now, Rosalie has also been hurt by you. It is our fate to be mother and daughter. I don't want to punish you for your fault. As long as you divorce Credence, I will give you two million more as a reward, on top of the five million dollars," Linda said.

Her words were all threats and lures, pressurizing Dorothy to take the initiative to terminate her marriage with Credence.

Dorothy finally understood Linda's real intention in finding her. She looked at her adoptive mother sadly, and her eyes reddened. She held back her tears and uttered with a hoarsevoice, "Mom, besides Rosalie, do you have a place in your heart that belongs to me? Although I am not you and Dad's biological daughter, I have never done anything to hurt you. Why do you want to force me into a dead end?"

"The fact that your precious daughter cut her wrist to attempt suicide has nothing to do with me. Since she wanted to die, why didn't she cut deeper? Why didn't she die in the end?"

At that moment, Dorothy was like a child who had been abandoned by the whole world. She burst into tears and shouted hysterically.

She told herself that she should have been used to the fact that no one loved her.