Chapter 49 Heartbeat

Dorothy saw that the tall and stalwart man had arrived in time, and his strong arms stopped Linda's fat arms mid-air.

Dorothy was stunned. She was half-squatting under the suppression of the two strong men in black. When she looked up, she saw the man's cold hard chest wrapped in a black suit.

His face, which was reflected under the crystal light, vaguely showed a bit of hostility.

"I told you, I will lecture my woman myself."

Credence said slowly, and placed one of his hands into the pocket of his pants leisurely. He used his other hand to hold down Linda's arm, which was about to be thrown at Dorothy's face fiercely. He had a cold look in his eyes. Linda suddenly felt a heart-wrenching pain spreading from her elbow to her whole body.

Linda was so scared of Credence that her legs almost cramped up. She no longer dared to treat Dorothy as recklessly as she did. She quickly begged for mercy, "Ahh... Credence, let go of me! I did not mean to do anything to Dorothy. But when she saw me just now, she cursed Rosie to die a horrible death, and even cursed you and Rosie to be separated forever. I was really angry when I heard those words!"

"I do not know how long Rosie would lie in the hospital with her life hanging by a thread. I am really upset. Not only did Dorothy turn a blind eye to Rosie's condition, but she also spoke ill of her in front of me. As a mother, I really could not stand her insulting my Rosie."

"Credence, if you heard those words just now, you would have definitely defended Rosie."

"Is that so?" He let go of her hand with a cold face.

"According to my understanding of my wife, she is not a talkative person." He added in a sarcastic tone.

Were those words implying that she was a big mouth?

Didn't Rosie say that Credence was firmly in her palms and he was compliant towards her all the time?

Since he loved Rosie, why didn't he care about Linda, who was Rosie's biological mother?

Regardless of whether Credence was married to Dorothy or Rosalie, Linda was still his mother-in-law and his elder. But... he did not treat her as his mother-in-law at all.

Linda was shocked by Credence's words. Her plump body trembled, and she did not dare to say anything anymore.

She and Caleb had never been arrogant in front of Credence just because they were elderly. They had always treated him respectfully as a distinguished guest. Their fear for him had long been deeply rooted in their bones.

As Linda fell silent, Credence calmly walked toward Dorothy. He glanced at the two strong men in black who were grabbing Dorothy's hair and twisting her arm. He narrowed his eyes, and the smile on his thin lips grew as light as wind.

In the next second, his movements were so quick that Dorothy was overwhelmed!

"Ahhh!"

"Ohhh!"

Dorothy heard a few painful muffled groans and saw that the two fierce-looking men, who were holding her down, were kicked into the air like sacks. Because of inertia, they fell hard onto the ground and curled up in pain. Blood sprayed out of their mouths.

Linda did not dare to say a word as she watched Credence kick the two bodyguards so hard that they did not have any strength to fight back. She was so scared that she sneaked into the crowd like a frightened ostrich and fled in disgrace.

It all happened so fast that Dorothy had no time to react.

In a daze, she did not come to her senses until she heard the man's low laughter. She looked up in shock, but what she saw was still the man dressed in a black suit, standing proudly. His breath was calm, as if he was not the person who had hurt the bodyguards just now. He twisted his dark eyebrows and stared at her expressionlessly.