Chapter 139 Nothing to fear

In the past few days, after Dorothy had arranged for Belle to be enrolled in a kindergarten nearby that had plenty of facilities, she was officially appointed as Juelz's personal secretary.

Germaine provided her with a house due to them being friends. There was no need for her to pay extra rent, but she still needed to earn some money to pay off her and Belle's expenses.

Dorothy had taken secretarial courses during her university days. Although she had not worked in the field before, under Juelz's careful guidance, the first week of her career went by smoothly and successfully.

One day, in the president's office of J&D Group.

After learning that Dorothy had not made any progress in reaching out to Credence, Juelz was half glad, but felt worried too. In short, he was in a very complicated mood.

Fortunately, Credence had forgotten all about Dorothy. As long as Credence continued to lose his memories of her, then he would still have a chance to win Dorothy's heart and be in a relationship with her.

However, he was concerned once Belle's illness went on for too long without any improvements, it was very likely that Belle would...

She viewed Belle's life as one that was more important than hers, and from Dorothy's personality, if something really happened to Belle, she would only get more and more depressed. She would never be happy ever again.

"Dory, Credence had a car accident and has really lost his memories. He has forgotten about you. It'll be difficult for you to get close to him and take him to the bone marrow test, so what are you going to do from now on?"

Juelz raised his hand, rapping the table hard. Anxiety was written all over his face.

Belle was lively and cute, and she loved to cling to him, too. Most of the time, he really treated her as his own daughter.

If there was anything he could do to make Dorothy happy, he would carry it out to his heart's fullest.

Ever since he had fallen in love with her, she had been his softest spot. One sweet smile was enough to undo him!

Dorothy was in the middle of sorting out a large pile of documents on her desk. She smiled bitterly upon hearing his question. She answered, "To be honest, I don't know either. Juelz, what do you think! should do now?"

He had lost his memories in a car accident. He remembered everything, everything but her, and the numerous vicious acts that Rosalie had committed. What else could she do save except to resign herself to this fate?

During the banquet last week, she had followed Credence from behind and had kept calling out to him. At that time, his indifferent expression had made it feel as if she was an insignificant stranger, that she was just a wishy-washy woman who had wanted to flirt with him. His indifferent expression was mixed with a hint of disgust.

"Dory, don't you worry. Where there's a will, there's a way."

Juelz could not bear to see Dorothy's forced smile for his heart ached. He walked around the desk, circled his arms around her, forming an embrace.

He smirked and said, "Don't worry, even if the sky comes crashing down, I will still protect you and Belle."

"Juelz, stop messing around. We're at work."

Dorothy was not used to this kind of intimacy, much so the feeling of warmth from his chest. She quickly broke away from his embrace and glared at him, "If you keep doing stuff like this, I'm going to leave."

The door of his office was still open, and there were so many people walking about. He might be shameless, but she wasn't!

Juelz lowered his head and saw her entire body lurching away from him. He could not help but sigh loudly, "Dory, I was just dying to hug you. You are the only one who can give me the motivation to work hard to earn money, and you are the only person who can give me the courage to protect this world and maintain peace."