Chapter 131 The reason behind her return

Dorothy's home was actually a house in the urban area under Germaine's name. It covered an area of about 100 square meters, with three bedrooms and one living room. With simple and practical decorations, it contrasted Germaine's usual luxurious style.

The most important thing was that it was incredibly close to Credence's company, which would only take her about ten minutes to reach. That was the reason why Dorothy had chosen to live in this house, even picking it over Germaine's other luxurious villa.

"Dory, since you like to keep a low profile, I've decorated this house in a simple manner. However, I've changed all the pillows and quilts to new ones for you. Belle is asleep, so just bring her to the children's room as soon as possible."

As Germaine spoke, she fished out the keys and opened the door. Dorothy followed her from behind, holding the fast asleep Belle and walked into the living room. She followed Germaine's guidance and entered the room that had been filled I with things little girls might fancy.

Dorothy placed Belle on the bed to rest and covered her with a thin blanket. After that, she rummaged for a clean and comfortable pair of pajamas from her suitcase and entered the bathroom to wash up.

When she came out, Germaine had already ordered takeout. The two of them sat in the kitchen, chattering as they ate.

"Dory, Belle's face is looking worse, and her
stamina is on the bad side too. Is her condition worsening again?"

Belle had blonde hair and blue eyes. Her skin was ridiculously fair, and her facial features were not like Credence's at all, nor were they like Dorothy's.

If it weren't for the fact that she knew Belle was Credence's child, Germaine would really have assumed that Belle was the product of Dorothy's affair with another handsome man from Monticello.

Two years ago, after she had heard from Dorothy that Belle had been diagnosed with leukemia, Germaine's belief in karma had completely crumbled.

How could someone like Dorothy, who had done nothing wrong in her life, bear the pain of losing her beloved daughter?

How could Rosalie, that wicked woman, be engaged to Credence and even made use of his power to allow the Fisher family to grow from a second-rate family to a top class family in Talco City?

Their family's wealth had even narrowly surpassed the Sherman family.

At the thought of that, Germaine felt a depressing feeling coursing through her stomach. Angrily, she chomped down a drumstick in her mouth, treating it as Rosalie and tore it apart fiercely, making crunching noises.

As they spoke of Belle, Dorothy showed a dreary smile, "Yeah. Belle's condition is getting worse by the day. We've tried plenty of treatment plans, but the effects always fall short. They can't cure her condition. In the end, the doctor proposed a last resort: a bone marrow transplant."

"However, my bone marrow is not compatible with Belle's at all."

Speaking of that, Dorothy paused, tears listening in the corner of her eyes. However, she quickly pushed away the sadness in her heart and said with a forced smile, "There's still Credence. We haven't examined him yet. Perhaps he'll be a compatible donor. That way, Belle will be saved."

Six years ago, when she had boarded the plane with Juelz, she had stroked the child in her belly and vowed to never return to Talco City. She never wanted to see Credence, the man who she loved but had hurt her, ever again.

When she had given birth to Belle, she had almost died from blood loss on the operating table. Back then, Juelz and Germaine had been the only ones accompanying her.