Chapter 17

The sky bore the answers of all. Every star hid the clock of fate whirling in the flow of time. They whisper the ancient secret of life, gifted with the ability to understand the cycle of the universe. Yet, the human carnal eyes and superficial mind can't never fortitude those divine knowledge. That's what the priests said to consolidate the position of being the servant of the Greats, God's right hand, carrying the mission of seeking to enlighten. For Sheritre Wenennefer, things are different. Growing up in myths and tales with only the far-away stars becoming friends, she knows the sun, the moon, and the stars are those celestial beings people are always scared of much more than that. Behind all the divine stories is kindness. If only they were wise enough to feel the warm embraces and the generosity... Rather than treating it in fear, she thought of it as a message to assist those she loved. Perhaps that's why she's always been a lonely child?

Sheritre proceeds to her usual spot, which is a decent-sized room with a telescope sitting nicely on the far side, pointing its eye towards the night. Each side is overloaded with books that only God knows how one could possibly read all. There is also a beautifully crafted carpet featuring several constellations at the heart of the room, as well as a chandelier that lights the room dimly. Altogether, they successfully resembled a Victorian theme, suitable for an astrologer like Sheritre. First and foremost, her ritual begins with lighting candles here and there, pulling several books for reference while humming her favorite tune. Of course, a delightful star-gazing session cannot be completed without a good cup of tea. Sheritre pours herself one, then adjusts her most beloved tool-the silver telescope. "Guide me with your wisdom and goodwill." "Show me what lies ahead, alas stars of the eternal sky." The hidden beauty of the night, without a shadow of a doubt, has the power to mesmerize any individual who dares to cast a glance at it. And yet, no matter how stunning the look, there is always a mystery inside. Sheritre was determined to find a pattern, an underlying meaning that the higher being had delicately chosen the beauty of the night sky to deliver the message. She carefully jotted down her findings into a leather notebook whilst focusing on every possible corner of the frame.

"No, that can't be." Sheritre stumbles upon something odd on the bottom. A type of pattern she had never witnessed before. The stars. They wanted to say something, yet the girl couldn't hear. She now leaves the telescope, rushing to the maniacal collections of astrology books where clues are waiting to be discovered. The fact that what she saw did not necessitate immediate investigation in order to reveal its significance However, there's more.

Something is coming.

That's what her intuition felt and believed, speaking to her in an earnest tone. Minutes then seconds pass, only confusion and anxiety stand still. Sheritre, sadly, can not fathom what it is referring to.

Is it a warning?

The thought of these questions only makes the poor girl's head spin. "There must be another way." The little hands swiftly turned from pages to pages, this book to that book, burying herself in those piles of books with the hope she could eventually come to a conclusion.

An underlying meaning.

Who knew what they would encounter? Who knew what would happen? Who knew that they might dare to harm her beloved? Or which path will they be forced into? Fate. A skillful puppeteer stands above us all. It pulls those strings, manipulating and enforcing its marionettes along a designated route. A ruthless creature. Nevertheless, no living soul desires to be docile and obedient to the supreme commands of Fate, despite potentially being punished for their price. Why? They don't want to decay in the shadows and let fear play the game of cat and mouse. They want to be free, to break free from the chains of destiny that strain their necks, to grab hold of a better path.