Chapter 79

Gently, white snow falls outside. Quietly, it falls for the dried tears. Nothing but

Its soft sound comes to break the dreary silence that fills the small room.

This second and for eternity, the icy silhouette will stay in his arms, in the sanctuary it longingly deserves. The coldness dances on the pale skin, yet it can not penetrate the tranquility of their everlasting bond. As austere as reality is, Theodore ceases to let it reach those last bits of him; simply, he can not surrender. His heart is buried under the rain of snow as they reach the ground within steps outside, the only warmth inside was a flickering light.

Holding him eagerly in those warm arms, he has no intention of letting go. Even his forgotten warmth slowly spread its coldness, drowning Theodore in a piercing cold. The weak hands stubbornly embrace the fallen lover. Softly, he caresses the soft, night-dyed hair. Longingly, the familiar tone belonging to them escapes his dry throat. Such soothing notes have tied two hearts into one and, now, have become his illusionary hope. Even the devastation steals his clear voice, even if what's heard is only hoarseness, farewell, or revive, it resounds. Everything happens for a simple reason.

There is no such thing as a world without him. It simply does not exist.

"Theodore..." Concern painted Reid's voice. His hand shifted into a fist at the sorrowful scene. Like a drop into the ocean, his worries reach. "Please, everything has ended." His gaze was covered in the veil of heartache. Reid's aching hands can not stand still for any more seconds, already reaching forward. "Reid..." Light as a feather, her voice stops his act. Turning to her side, he meets the fragments of brokenness in those green pearls. What could be more hurtful than the pain of losing loved ones, their everything? Taking his hands into hers, the warmth of her fingertips brings comfort. "Give him some time." She tried to break a light smile. Time, a privilege they couldn't have. A belated goodbye they could only choose.

The soothing sound of snow lulled the tired eyelids. Leaning his head on Alderic's shoulder, the whisper slowly vanishes. Trick himself into a dream. Even if nightmares greet him tonight, he will not be afraid. As long as there is him. As long as he stayed, even for a fraction of a second, then he is willing to be captured forever...

Passing through layers of air, with the gentle winds carrying like a leaf, slowly arrive at the body of water. His body no longer felt the menacing cold or the emptiness that once bloomed inside the shallow heart, for once, he felt... At ease.

Opening his eyes, he sees a white world welcomes. From the lines of the pine trees to these small hands, all were dyed in the color of the snow. Turning to the melancholy sky, he meets the dancing snowflakes. He used to envy them, envied their freedom. Yet now, he has finally realized. His hand crushed the cold snowflakes. How fortunate the chains have brought his presence back to the life he had forgotten. Turning behind, a dusty memory awakens. The same glass windows block him from the outside world, the same place that nurtured his talent. The same medical center where he finally sees the colors through the kaleidoscope. The beginning of everything.

Dazzlingly, remarkably, this moment nurtured the seed of a blooming camellia, of love.

Looking ahead, the navy eyes were widening in astonishment. How could he be mistaken? The same familiar back, the same ethereal lines of him, repeated endlessly in his mind. Black hair blowing in the cold wind stands out against the white bandage. Even with the heavy snowflakes teasing his sight, even though the figure ahead was a child, he knew it was him. The nostalgia bites at every corner of his heart.

"Alderic!" From the bottom of his heart, he calls for the dearest name. Cracking through the thick snow, he longed for those loving eyes, longed for his soothing tone. "Alderic, please..." Only silence replied to him. The boy ahead started to run away, narrowing the distance between them. Like a clock starting to tick, the snow is pouring down from the sky like a storm. Strenuously dragging the weak steps across the hard snow, he stubbornly chased after him. Coldness sliced deep under the skin. Throbbing, aching, and numb. Resilient, faster, he ran.