Chapter 77

Placing the cloak under his back, the soft kiss bid the lover goodbye. Shred the final gaze, forever locking his dazzling sight deep into his heart, only broken stands in those dreary eyes. Dry tears turn to wrath. Regret becomes agony. Ignore the bleeding wounds, ignore the screaming wind, the swords piercing at the rival. Growling, he becomes the ice arrow, yearning to cut through the devil's core. Revenge is the only fragment in his shattered heart. The mocking glance of the king awaits ahead, soon to be blocked by a familiar figure. "Get away, Theodore!" A stern command echo. "Don't you understand? You will be killed." The doctor's hands gripped his shoulder hard in the hope he would realize what cruel fate he had chosen. Fixing on Theodore, Reid meets the solemn lines, meets the faint trace of tears.

An ally or an enemy? The wicked whisper, provocative against the friction of thin air, settled against the ears of weary soldiers under the torn flag of the golden lion, with uncertainty lurking within its honeyed voice. In the end, they all kneeled and surrendered to their newfound pleasure. Comrades... No longer comrades. Such violence from the ally they witness has sparked the seed of suspicions. The blood has spilled, breaking the chains of trust. In their tiresome eyes, unable to navigate in this chaotic world, unable to seek trustworthiness, perhaps only rage and doubt filled. As if the bees had lost their queen, wandering aimlessly and pointing weapons against. In an attempt to call for their unison, Reid, roared from afar, "You fools. This is another trick from Hyram!" But to those whose words reached their manipulated minds. None. In fact, continuing to slide into the swirl... Of confusion. Reid's infuriatingly buried in the snow. The Axl he knows is not a monster or a traitor. Yet no one could hear, no one could understand.

Before drops of disappointment effuse the glass, snow greets the dark wings. In the raven's return, the truth shall come. Landing on the general's arm, it brings forth the message. Though have commanded Orville to stand by, its sudden returns send no light of relief to Alderic. For the night raven only appears at the perilous time. Taking the paper tight in its feet, the words quickly sent a furious look to the general. Within a simple movement, Orville continues his duty. This time, a red string was sent into the snow. "Axl never betrayed us. He has died as a human, as a hero." The stoic voice of the general echoes across the battlefield. Lifting up the letter, he growls, "The sage has spoken. This is all his fraud." The truth struck like a lightning storm, awakening the sleepwalkers. Crushing the letter in his hand, Alderic throws a threatening glance at Arioch. Not just the general, but each of the fury gazes is gluing on Hyram's king. Contrary to them, waves of laughter mocked "What a shame. We just reach the interesting part." He clapped in amusement. Those attitudes quickly fueled fire among the Averi's warriors.

Can't wait for the commander's order, some pick up their weapons and target the arrogant man. Just to innocently fall into the sweet trap. Waves after waves of knights swiftly swirl around the remnants of Averi. Soon, as if a vortex pulled everything into its core, so be layer after layer of enemies would already be pointing the razor-sharp blades, ready to end the flickering breath of life. All in all, shoulders side by side in this storm, together drown in the storm of war.

"Be careful" A low tone appears behind Theodore's back. With one hand gripping the silver sword, the other blocking him, Alderic pours all concentration on the rivals. "Stay by my side." Theodore replies with a firm nod. Clenching his teeth, Reid wished to crush them all. With endless blades pointing at them, mercy soon left the tips of those swords. "I won, brother." Arioch smiles arrogantly. Looking down at each of them in disdain, the hand motion lifts down to end their stories. Yet, who would dare touch the warcry of the heroes? "Kill the king of Averi!"

A smirk appeared on Alderic's.

The horn resounds in the corners of the battlefield, raising the song of the archangels. Chasing away the dreary snowfall, the regiment sends forth the light. In the golden flags, in the name of the golden lion, they conquer. Devouring the dragon's vortex in the heroic melodies, the knights strangled Arioch's conspire. The game has turned. Such powerful force pushes the king into utter confusion. Drifting from the regiment to Alderic's man now should be defeated in his palm, only aback appears on the pale face. Aiding or a mysterious rival? Whatever the truth is, Hyram couldn't take the upper hand again. "Another play of yours, Alderic?" Ironically fill his tone. A king shall never bow. Looking for any trace of escape, the sinful gaze widens in astonishment. Sharp arrows, brutally staring at each of his movements, imprisoned the king in this forsaken land. Stepping from the dark, she throws a smirk. A simple motion from her, this life shall lie in those arrows. Peril rests on her beauty, waiting to end the prey. For she is Camille, rising from the filthiness to now stand among the knights. Together praise the song of bravery, of freedom.