Chapter 82

"How do I make a chair?" 

Asked Alderic, who is now surrounded by chipped wood at the corner of the backyard with a puzzled look as clear as daylight. While his loving partner decided to paint their doors with full-throttle creativity, it seems reality always defies his expectations with a pile of doors from afar. "Alderic, what color should I use?" Theodore, in philosopher mode, reached for his chin and stroked it slowly. Indeed, being too consumed with the assembly of such furniture, he only replies in vague, "As long as you like." A decent sigh of relief for Theodore before he once again indulges in creating lifelong masterpieces.

In no time, it was already a few hours before lunch. The warm shades lightly kiss their patio, lies the two deliberately enjoy the fresh sandwiches, gazing upon the endless field ahead. From time to time, Alderic steals a quick glance at Theodore. A man with a casual shirt, beads of sweat still lingering on his forehead from exhausted labor. Contrary to his usual neat appearance, somehow this new Theodore feels more familiar. Gently wiping away the sweat, Alderic cracked a smile. Whatever the versions of Theodore, he shall love them all.

Tired from the paintings, Theodore quickly devours the sandwich, even noticing the crumbs still lingering on the corner of his lips. "Theo" Theodore turns to the low voice, calling for him. Just in time for a warm hand holding his cheek, guiding a kiss down the crumbs. Things went as usual. Theodore blushed while Alderic laughed victoriously. Not keen on letting the laughter continue any longer, Theodore immediately mauled at him as if a lion had finally caught its prey, diving onto the floor all at once. Lying on top of him, the "predator" let out an amusing chuckle, teasingly speaking, "I win!"

"Not so fast!" Within a blink of an eye, they switched places. Alderic is already pinning his arms, glaring into those navy pearls lovingly. And in the harmonious breaths they take, rushes of eagerness and sultryness arise, heightened, sounds of vibrant hearts booming. Leaning against the silhouette of Theodore, he's ready for a big kiss.

In the moment, time seemingly stood still... "Ahem." Such abrupt voice makes the two turn their heads faster than ever before, yet it is none other than Evelyn standing right before them. Caressing her forehead, and in a tone full of disappointment, she speaks, "It's only lunch time and both of you already want to do this?", "We apologized, Eve, we were having lunch." Alderic reached his hand out to Theodore, then the two dusted off their shirts, "I take it that you are able to find some spare time to visit us?" Evelyn chuckled pleasantly, "Certainly! I also traveled here with another guest." While Alderic and Theodore were still deep in confusion, a figure emerged from behind. "Cecil!!" The doctor surely can not hide his excitement when meeting his favorite apprentice - Cecil. He rushes to embrace Cecil tightly, dancing around. "Where have you been? It's so great that you're still here, doing alright!" Still the same Cecil after all those times, yet there are hints of maturity that lie within. Her white dress silently waved in the warm rays, in the curious breeze that lingered just to witness their reunion. Theodore hugs the girl for a good while before the two part ways, letting the girl inhale fresh air. "Everything has gone smoothly so far. Thanks to Evelyn, the new mansion is built and Reid is in charge there, just like you in the past." He replies in a delightful note, "That must be wonderful news I'm waiting for!" Pulling the wooden chair back, Theodore guided Cecil and Evelyn to their seats.

"A pleasure to meet you again, Cecil." Alderic is the first to break the silence while his partner fetches some freshly brewed tea. Cecil grins, "There is no need for formalities here, isn't it?" Then joined Theodore, who was sitting in slow motion. With a puzzled look on her face, Evelyn gently asked, "What happened, Theodore?" In a split second, her expression darkened as she glared at Alderic, who was trembling as if he were the suspect. "N-nothing, Theodore is only afraid the chair that I built would break with a light touch." His arms were put up ahead, trying to justify... and Theodore's fear.... Unfortunately becomes the truth. Lifting the tea cup calmly, about to taste the exquisite taste of tea, the fragile chair immediately collapsed, with its legs completely ruptured. And his face, full of terror.