Chapter 67

"Move! If you are this slow, then how can you protect your family, your home?" The knights of the North Lord scold the training soldiers. Just like they have vowed to the Queen, the three representatives are reviving Averi's pillars. If the high consul's oath is her heart, her mind embraces in the hands of the High Priest Sheritre Wennefer. Then her right hand shall be bound to the fate of Alderic Livius Sylvester, the sword of Averi, protector of the realm. Entrusted with the protection, in the doubt of many, Alderic was in charge of building a strong cohort. Contrary to what many might think, the Lord has an exclusive class of swordfighting. In excellent swordsmanship, the wooden sword in his hand dances effortlessly in the eyes of admiration. Wholehearted yet strict guidance is what they see from the general. For a moment, he looks like a respectful teacher. As if the rumors they heard, of wherever the name Alderic appears, blood will spill... Are solely myths. Accompanied by the raven of the night, they executed. Turn around to a loud sound nearby, the same raven they heard is now munching the nuts happily. The nuts filled his mouth enough to turn his head into a small ball. Absolutely a harmless bird.

"Again." Alderic shouted to the young man. Standing straight, the general calmly blocks the attacks of the soldier. A simple move immediately sends the soldier falling to the ground. "Good strength, but put more attention into your movement." Alderic reaches out to help the soldier get back on his feet. Nodding determinedly, he attacked as told. Not enough to flinch Alderic, but the strength of his sword has been greatly improved. The soldier smiled in delight and bowed down at the general in gratitude.

Notice the sight of Reid approaching from afar, Alderic decides to take a short break. "The strength of the cohort seems to be better." Reid throws an apathetic look. It's hard to tell whether it's a compliment or an insult. "Not enough to fight him." Alderic sighs softly. The emerald eyes scan through the training ground to the sight of soldiers running around in the shout of the guides, to those who are practicing fighting. Nurtured from the extreme trains of Hyram since young to the day he became the commander, Alderic knows more than anyone what those warlike soldiers of Hyram could do. Such weak army will crumble under their feet. "Will they be able to protect Averi? Protect him and everyone?" Reid asked just to get a smirk from Alderic. Those sharp eyes fixed on the soldiers with absolute confidence, "Absolutely." As long as this body lives, no one allows to hurt him. Briefly, Reid informs Evelyn's situation. "Sheritre will protect inside while Axl will be outside in case of emergency. Apparently, the problem lies with those cowardly consuls." Alderic chuckled lightly. "Thank you. She will be alright." Just before Alderic leaves, Reid continues his daily report. "I have met him. He's safe and helping the people. Anyway, he said he missed you." Those words immediately sent a smile to Alderic's face. The general laughed uncontrollably at Reid's horrific. This time, before Reid could escape cleansing his eyes, Alderic gives a small package. "From Axl." In confusion, the small brown package lies in his hands. Open in caution, a letter catches his attention. Nothing much, besides 'I miss you, my dear Reid! I give you this flower to express my utter yearning for your appearance. From your beloved knight, Axl.' In a blank expression, the rose and the letter were crushed in Reid's hands. Same circumstances, but Axl is surely dead this time.

"I can't wait till weekend to meet him," Alderic smiled happily.

"I can't wait till weekend to kill him," Reid said coldly.

All of a sudden, a group of soldiers approached the duo. By the look on their faces, advice and peace are not what they seek. Before such threatening aura, Alderic and Reid seem to have been inadvertent. The very same reason. They are not willing to obey a general from Hyram, not to mention the Lord of the North himself, to train the enemy's army. The world must have gone mad. In this case, he is willing to be a maniac. "Let me." Reid coldly glares at them, preparing for combat. Yet Alderic shakes his head lightly. If politics fights over the negotiation table, wars fight through the fist. "It seems you have forgotten who I am."

"Allow me to remind you who your teacher is." Alderic smirk.

Right when the soldiers strike to attack an unarmed man, they finally know a fact. Those titles, those rumors... Are not for shows. With the speed of an arrow, Alderic effortlessly avoids each of their attacks. No matter how much strength, how many tricks they summon, they are nothing but mere dust to the Lord. Years of experience have trained him into a warlike knight. From the moment, they started to attack, Alderic was able to read several moves and possibilities ahead. Right when a soldier is about to attack sneakily from the side, a strong force pours down his neck, disabling the moves instantly. The little fight quickly attracts others as they hold their breath, waiting for the outcome. Reid, on the other hand, casually leans on the fence, yawning. How foolish...

Rains of attacks finally stop when all of them gasp for air in sweat. Yet, the general simply stands there, looking unbothered. "Finish?" He asks in an apathetic tone. Slowly roll up the shirtsleeves "Then here is my turn" the general smiled coldly.

"Thank you, Reid. Keep informing their status for me. I will be back to the castle soon." Alderic calls out to Reid while stretching his shoulders. From the sight of the challenger now lying defeatedly on the ground, this is merely an exercise to him.

"Hyram i-is enemy. We will never accept y-you." a soldier struggles to say the ironic threat. Before Alderic could say anything, Reid has taken a step ahead. Pulling his collar, his dark eyes stare straight in into the trembling soldier. "I suppose, you are brave enough to defeat the Lord of the North and even the King of Hyram. Then why are you lying here defeatedly, wasting our time?" Sharp statements instantly put those in doubt shut. Magically, the respect level they have for Alderic is even higher than before, making the training goes rather smoothly.

Just when everything starts to go on the right track. A letter was formally sent to the Imperial Castle, to the hands of the Queens. A gift from their dear brother,

 Arioch Lewin Sylvester.