Chapter 76

"Fire!"

Bearing the word spilling from Arioch is the calling of death. To the sky above dyed in grief, and now thousands after thousands of sparkling arrows fire through the hands of the knights of Hyram, may this moment be their last memory on this world? Darting from the rain of bullets to their beloved comrades, will they be glad that fate had chosen their path to intertwine till now, together at last is their final wish. Those bullets meet their destination, powerful enough to shake the entire ground. Arioch, seemingly thinking such move had blown away Averi, laughed, "Know your place, lowborn." But never in his mind did he dare to think the truth was the complete opposite.

Through the faint smoke, rise a tower of lion shields above all, standing tall despite the destruction. Disgust looks across the King's face. Annoyance burns his fists. Never could he accept such humiliation. "Fire!" He shouts, ignoring the hesitation of the knights. "Your Majesty, we will run out of bullets." His sword stabbed deep into the knight's heart. No one dared question the king's authority. Arioch soon drowns in madness. Blood, he yearns to see their blood dye the snow. Death, he yearns to teach those who disobey. The scratch Cecil left starts to itch in Arioch's hysterical laugh.

Under such power, many have died. Their blood soaked the white snow dazzlingly. The second wave of piercing arrows once again rang through the air, yet only to be bounced back by the strength of the shields. No matter how many arrows are fired, the tower of shields shall continue to move forward. Fueling with utmost anger, commands after commands, piling. "Fire!" Another wave is incoming. "Fire!Fire!" Continuing waves. "Fire!" The more words he slips out, the more maniacal his tone is, to the point where the soldiers of Arioch begin to wonder, yet still, obediently execute the commands. The King no longer follows his orders as planned. For all that appears in this very own eyes, is one and only desire, those fools ahead must die. Crept deep into the core, the bloodlust burns the king's lucidity.

How could this happen? Arioch growled in frustration before the scene of the tower shields. Their divine weapon, those bullets, never failed to torment the enemies, just to be defeated in this vital moment. "Fire!" Wrath fills his screams, yet only the silent gun barrels reply. A smile was drawn on Cecil's wounded face as her gaze drifted to the scribe. Buried in a scroll of papers, the pen in his hand moved at the speed of light. Nothing shall be missed, for their children will judge inches of that madness. Alderic quickly catches the rare hope, raising the silver blade "Attack!" With that, Averi poured full force into Hyram's frontline. Their blades immediately divided the formation and pushed them to the edge of chaos. The powerful storm finally forced Arioch to back down, and now, appearing from afar and to be closer with each passing second, is Alderic with the glistening blade in hand. Theodore, while still busy clearing the way, has picked up the crucial clue to be side by side with him to dash forward. A nod between those two is all that is needed.

CLANK...

Their bladework harmoniously dances.

Theodore sliced the knight's abdomen while Alderic was already pointing at the silver piston. Soon, layer after layer surrounds the duo. Alderic swiftly shoves a huge chunk of snow then throws in full throttle, causing them to stunt in the freezing touch. It is now their chance to be one step closer to the commander. Throwing the last, collapsed body, those who had sworn to protect the precious King till his last breaths now only belong to a promise that will forever be buried in the depths of time. Within a blink of an eye, surrounded by corpses and torn-down weapons, stood only King Arioch. In those vibrating pupils, in those shaking arms, Arioch's steps were staggering. Slipping through the blood puddle, he trembles to the ground. Raising his head up, his gaze meets Alderic's sharp blade. "Any last words?" Instead, a smirk curved on his face. BOOM. An explosion tore open the earth, blasting both miles away. With the soft bed on their ground, thankfully no harm was to be done, yet the last image in their eyes was a flickering figure. Besides a Theodore heaving for air and whimpering in pain, there is an Alderic trying to lift himself up, the emerald pearls bearing all emotions fly open.