Chapter 64

"Miss me?" The priest, namely Sheritre, is now wearing an icy look under the golden cloak. Fear evaporates through each step she takes, reaching the ground at last, is a new Sheritre. Yet, before the wicked High priest could even have a chance to respond, comes The Protector from the wings of the throne chamber. The Protector had sworn to safeguard the truth, the bloodline, and the future of Averi itself, indeed, it's been too long for them to be in the shadows, silently witnessing every dynasty come and go. In a black cloak embroidered with the scale of justice, they escort the heir. Unite under the rays of justice shimmering down on them, it's time for a new ruler to be chosen. As if struck by a lightning rod, the devilish man seemed shaken by their presence. He knows who they are. To let the truth emerge from the ground of liars, they are willing to pay its price in flesh and blood, for the truth of history, and for justice to be done.

Be afraid, those who lie. The truth will come and punished.

From the doors of the chamber, waves of soldiers fill in. Quickly, they surrounded Sheritre and her allies. "Kill them!". Under the high priest's command, weapons were pointed at them in a blink. Sheritre appears to be a different person, with no trace of fear or apprehension. Holding the hyacinth necklace, she steps forward to the high priest. The Protectors followed her steady steps, forcing the guards to clear their path. How different they are for both being priests, the servants of God. For the exhausted one bathed in an absolute divine light, the noble one now trembles in fear. They were never alike. Separated by light, one is the true heir, and the other is the devil in disguise.

"Seize her, you fool!" He hissed helplessly, just to realize the blades were now pointed at him. Three knights stand close to Sheritre, removing their hoods. With a challenging smirk, Axl played with his sword while Reid cast an icy gaze. "Let's see who is the fool." Cecil pointed her blade straight at the high priest. Instantly, the coward looks for an escape. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Reid followed his glance. "The Lord of the North is not fond of cowards." Just when his words stop, the sound of a raven warns the priest from above. Orville spread his dark wings threateningly, prepared to strike at any moment. "Can't we just kill him?" Axl sighed impatiently.

"That will be too easy." Theodore pierced at the priest, "He will pay for everything he did."

Stepping forward, her strangely calm voice echoed throughout the chamber. "This will be your trial," she looked down at the priest. "Listen carefully, the god will ask for each of your sins."

With a nod, the high priest immediately witnessed a line of The protectors. Each of their hands holds different items. Each of them is solid evidence of his sins. "What are you trying to do?" asked the high priest, clenching his teeth. "Winning this pathetic match, dear Queen piece," she follows. The queen could be the strongest piece on the chessboard. Gifted with freedom, she is worth countless pieces. But united as one, the queen is no more than a pawn.

"In the name of justice, hear me, you criminal." Under Sheriche's solemn voice, the high priest was immediately forced to kneel under Axl and Reid's pressure. Being dragged to the first protector, in his hands lies a black dahlia. Its black petals glow ironically in the high priest's eyes. "Take away a lover's, a mother's, and a sister's life." Laughing, the priest threw a mocking look at Sheritre. "Since when does a whore get this much attention?" Yet a kick from Axl forces him to shut up before moving on to the second protector. In the velvet box, lies a broken silver sword. No trace of laughter could be seen on the high priest's face. "Killing Averi's former king, destroying cities." Crack his mouth to open, a package of strange dust hanging above. Struggles intensely to escape, he knows more than anyone how effective that thing is. How easily it takes lives away. A motion from Sheritre stops when the dust is just a few inches away from falling down his throat.