¢hptr6 : 𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘯

◂◊◎◊▸

Before Nanami could say anything, the door behind them swung open, "It's decided! It's decided!"

She turned to see a teacher panting with his hands on his knees as if he just arrived after a sprint. He looked up brightly, holding a sheet in his hands, "the practice match! It's against one of the top four teams in the prefecture, Aoba Johsai school!"

"The one nicknamed Seijoh?!" Sugawara asked.

"Yikes" -Tsukishima

"No way" -Yamaguchi

"A practice match with one of the top four!" Hinata blushed in excitement.

Sure, it'd be good for these guys to get more experience under their belt now that they've found a potential trademark weapon for their team... but unlike before when Nanami was happy for being acknowledged, all of a sudden, she felt apathetic.

"Oh, so you two are the controversial Hinata-Kun and Kageyama-Kun." The man said while straightening his askew clothes and walked over to the two, "I'm the volleyball club advisor starting this year. I'm Ittetsu Takeda. I have no volleyball experience, so I can't help with your technique, but for anything else, I'll do my very best. It's good to meet you."

"Sensei" Sawamura and Sugawara walked up to him.

"Ah... I've been running around everywhere setting up the practice match, so I haven't had time to drop in here."

He must be quite persuasive if he managed to snag a powerhouse.

The two boys asked him if he kneeled and begged and Takeda sensei said he didn't even though he was very good at it and mentioned that the school had a condition.

That Kageyama has to play setter the whole game.

◂◊◎◊▸

In between Nanami helping Shimizu wrap up, she stared at the blue bottle in her hand.

"...fallen blue-bird, I suggest focusing on being a good manager... first."

She couldn't get a hold of him after that since he left immediately, almost as if it was on purpose just to annoy her.

"Guess I was right, well keep chasing your pipe dream and I'll be kindly cheering you on."

Her hand tightened on the bottle,

"No, I want to be on the court as long as I can!"

How ridiculous.

'Just shut up. I'm not chasing any pipe dream. I'm just trying to fucking live my life normally.'

"...Nami!"

She looked up in surprise, "Shimizu-senpai..." then she realized she had spaced out, "I'm so sorry, here you go. I kinda spaced out for a second there" she said with an awkward smile.

Right, just don't think about it. That past doesn't matter. As long as that asshole keeps it to himself, and he better, she can live her life peacefully here in this small countryside town.

Shimizu turned away, pausing in the middle for a moment while looking at Nanami, and then fully turned and put the bottle back in the box and shut the lid.

After they were done putting everything away, Shimizu asked, "Want to go and get something to eat?"

"Hm?"

◂◊◎◊▸

"Tsukki?"

"Huh?"