¢hptr24 : 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬

◂◊◎◊▸

(a/n. I tried to find similar images though they're not perfectly my imagination :) And NONE of these pictures belong to me. All the credits go to the artists themselves and I don't claim them as mine. I only arranged them together nothing more, nothing less.)

Everyone met up at the volleyball court the next day. Or more like, they came back together again, happy to see that they still had another fight left in them, including all the third years.

Well, everyone except for one person.

"By the way... where's Nami-chan?... is she..." Hinata asked with a worried expression, the same question on everyone's minds.

Was she not gonna return to the club because of yesterday? Was it because they lost?

But Hinata and Kageyama didn't get it, she said she was gonna fight too. How could she change her mind so fast?

"Oh, you didn't know?" Sawamura asked.

"Didn't she tell you guys?" -Asahi

"Actually..." -Suga with a smile

"She..." -Kiyoko

"...went back to Tokyo." Keishin finished.

"H-HEEEHHH??!!!"

Flashback

Tsukishima walked past the Sakanoshita shop that morning on his way to school.

"Oh, Tsukishima just in time!" Nanami stepped out of the shop.

He turned his head to her in surprise, "What are you doing here and what do you mean by-?" he was weirded out by the bright greeting and then noticed she wasn't wearing her school uniform. Rather, she was in possibly what could be her outdoor clothes, a loose violet hoodie, denim shorts, knee high socks and sneakers. She didn't hide her highlights either and her glasses were also gone.

This surprised him even more with a sweatdrop, "Where's your uniform? You're not in your sorry disguise either." He won't admit it surprised him and yet she looked more like herself and good. Irritatingly enough.

"I'm not going to school"

"Huh?" 'What? Is she going to quit already and so fast? Was it because of what I said?'

"I wanted to ask you a question and was waiting. Since you pass by here on your way back home and probably also to your way to school. Do you have a second?"

"You're acting strange."

'Of course, since I've figured out the way to actually talk to you without picking a fight' She raised her eyebrows, so...?

He looked to the side with pursed lips and difficulty and finally said, "fine" he walks early to school anyways, so there's still time.

She opened her mouth when he interrupted her and speedily walked away, "Your second's over".

"Ah seriously! I meant a minute, okay? No five minutes max!" she caught the back of his shirt and he stumbled, "Oi! You-" he turned around pissed while adjusting his glasses but paused at her unreadable expression, looking straight into his eyes.

She knew her face showed hesitation and nervousness, but she had to ask, her voice held unknown conviction, "Do you really think... the fallen bluebird can't fly with her wings before it's too late, is it really a pipe dream?"

If it were her old friends, they would definitely say no, she can still fly, but...

He stared at her for a moment, "First..." he shrugged her hand off that was still clutching his shirt from behind. She apologized. However she still sought the answer. He didn't know what to do, it flustered him, how could she ask something like that so head-on, even if it was the truth that bruised her cowardly self.