¢hptr63 : 𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴

◂◊◎◊▸

Nanami got up the next day morning, early as always to go for the club's morning practice.

"Ittekimasu!"

"Ittarasshai." A drawled voice of jii-san sounded from upstairs as he just woke up and was getting out of his room, naturally being a morning person. He was usually awake even earlier, but he's been sleeping in a bit these days to rest up on Nanami's insistence.

He never listens to anyone except for Nanami, and that too on super super super rare occasions. If he's still too stubborn she knows just how to get him to.

'It's a bright morning'

The sun was just rising, and she felt the exact same way when spring bloomed for someone, metaphorically. It was only autumn. And a cold one too. She was wrapped up in a scarf and a jacket over her school uniform.

Even the sun shining on her from right in front was the last thing that kept her warm, especially since it was 17 degrees.

The morning to her wasn't bright for just one reason.

"Good morning, Tsukki" she greeted with a grin waving with her breath smoking in front of her.

His expression contorted repulsively with a shiver, his hands in his pockets, "Don't call me that."

She chuckled, "Just kidding, Tsukishima. I wanted to see how you'd react."

They had decided to walk to school together this morning and, "you're late." He was waiting for her for a bit while leaning against the wall earlier.

"By how long exactly?"

"An hour. How will you repay wasting my precious time?"

Liar. He would've called if he had to wait that long. "Most gentlemen don't complain about waiting for their girl. But how exactly do you want me to repay?" she asked her hands kind of trying to cover each other alternatively as she tried to keep them warm.

He was surprised about two things, first, is she didn't insist on the truth like he expected her to snarkily do, and second, about referring to herself as his girl, that had his heart skip a beat in an unfamiliarly familiar way.

He looked away while adjusting his scarf on his face a little. It was uncomfortable the way his heart reacted. It made him increasingly restless. But lately he found that he liked it when at first, he wanted to find a way to make it go away, "Took you long enough to realize I wasn't one, as for making up for it..." he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes.

He kept looking away again and extended his hand to her.

"You actually want money...?" she asked thoroughly confused.

He flipped his head back to her, retracting his hands back into his pockets, "Why do you sound like you were expecting it?! And NO."

She then realized with a straight face while staring at him obviously being flustered in his own adorable way (she's probably seeing it with tinted glasses anyways) and suddenly felt apologetic.

She wrapped her arm around his elbow and slipped his hand back out from his pocket while intertwining her hands in them and speaking, "Sorry... is holding my hand for 10 minutes really enough for an hour? And your other's still cold." She raised her left with a smile.

"You're only one person, and we'd have to walk like a pair of penguins then".

"Fair enough..."

Without much effort, just holding hands was more than enough to heat her right side by several degrees. Unable to believe that she was actually holding hands with him because it was cold, Nanami blushed at how sweet it was. 'It's the cold. The cold is making my cheeks red.' She denied to herself. Ugh, when did she become so sickly romantic. 'Is this how Sachi felt?' she never in her life imagined she'd ever feel like her ex captain did. Sachi was pretty blushy and romantic contrary to her composed and stern captain personality on court.