¢hptr22 : 𝘈𝘕𝘕𝘖𝘠𝘐𝘕𝘎

◂◊◎◊▸

His face turned annoyed and then he stood up, putting his hands in his pockets, "Stop spacing out like that, you left the tap open right there for so long. What were you thinking so hard about that you became deaf?"

"You seemed too disappointed just because I didn't hear you." she said nonchalantly standing up and picked up a bottle to fill.

"You should try being ignored for once."

"Don't blame me when I'm having an existential crisis."

He was caught off guard. "Who admits something like that?" he turned away, especially her to him of all people. She is the weirdest person he ever met.

"Well you're meeting the first person, there're several other people in this world who also-"

"You don't have to explain that to me!" he turned back again.

She laughed once, "It was on purpose."

"I thought you'd be angry..." he muttered almost inaudibly with that scowl as if he was looking at some strange creature.

"Hm? Would you like it if I was angry, didn't think you'd have such-"

"I don't care either way whether you're angry or not." He cut her off before she could finish her sentence embarrassingly on the inside.

She looked at him by turning her head to the side, and didn't question it, "Hmm, well, there's one thing I'd like to mention though, you should see in this Dateko match how they do the read block while playing."

Again, she was giving advice.

"You play observationally, and more or less already use a partial read block, so something like this should also help well in the Aoba Johsai match."

She always acts before thinking, and half of what she does doesn't make sense compared to what she was thinking just a second ago. But she couldn't help it with any of these guys for some reason. She would be doing it before she knew it. Even if it was Tsukishima. Never mind, he's the one who made her act before thinking more than anyone.

He seemed surprised but frowned lightly again, he scrunched up his face instantly like a puppy. She tried so hard not to laugh or she'd be done for right then and there so she turned her head away.

"What was the difference? Back then and now?"

"Difference about what?"

"You said you didn't have confidence in us, but in just a week you changed your attitude."

She realized what he meant, that conversation with Kuroo, "I said I didn't have confidence you'd win, but we bet on our potential, and I said we have a higher potential than them. You didn't hear everything and assumed." she pointed back at him with a smirk.

He pursed his lips and shifted his head down to the side, "I'm not taking back what I said that day."

"I don't expect you to, I'd rather you not." she said putting the bottle in the holder and took another one.

"...Why?" it was troubling him so much and annoyingly that he just can't get her actions. That one word held a lot of confusion and frustration that Nanami didn't know about.

He would normally say she didn't match her first name but in a scary way, she did. At the most unexpected moments, for a short amount of time, she was serious, calm and unaffected, like right now.

She had a straight expression, "Because you said the truth. I might get angry at the moment but I'm not that idiotic to not get it. It's just facing it that's hard, I've always been running away because of that feeling. Even though I get into arguments with you every now and then and each time it gets serious and I hate what you say to the core, at least the fact that you tell the truth without caring about how I'm feeling lets me face it. It stops me from being the coward I am. That's exactly what I've been thinking about just now that got me to space out." The way he sets a turbulence into the balance she held with the two boats the entire time, almost tempts her to tip into one of them and give up the other.