¢hptr 40 : 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

◂◊◎◊▸

This time he was the one who finally lost it and his legs collapsed as he sat on the floor with both his hands running in his lowered head and wide eyes, knees bent, "How do I know??" Was that last part intentional? Because after earlier, that sentence totally worked on him. He didn't know it was totally unintentional on her part, she was only trying to hold back the embarrassment and the effect kissing him again had on her. She might've looked non chalant, but she wasn't at all in reality.

She crouched down and for a second their reactions reminded her of that scene in this drama where the characters were equally horrified, shocked, confused, and anxious. She chuckled lightly with wide eyes.

"We're reacting at the level of having woken up after drunken sex."

Right after he looked up at her with an intense glare, "Okno,I'msosorry,notthetimeforlaughteroruntimelystupidfuckinghumorthatwasstupidofmeI'manidiotbutinmydefenseit'salmostprettymuchno-butlikeI'mveryconfusedandanxioustoo!"

He stared at her with the most expressionless face of the century.

She dropped her head collapsing to the side, leaning against his leg that were on either side.

'What is she doing!?' Wasn't she being too liberal too fast?

She needed to think... and she felt like all her energy's been drained in a few minutes. And so neither did she have the energy to notice.

'You don't have to start dating now. When you think you like someone, you'll know it when you're thinking of nothing but him at that moment. Or any other moment with or without him. Except, you don't realize it immediately yourself. Of course, there are other ways you can realize it,' she winked and Nanami felt sick when she understood that ' I can't believe this. How!? When!? Why?!'

She also took her mother's rare advice seriously because they were always right.

There was none of that sharpness she usually had in her eyes, the smirk or anything, just plain anxiousness, not even horror. She did kiss him back, right? That thought once again got him. No, but he can't do anything else, what could they do?

"Let's-" Tsukishima started.

She looked up with an eerie smile, "pretend this never happened? That's your smartass solution? Then tell me why you kissed me in the first place." Yup, there's that snark.

He flinched, and then, "Then why did you kiss me back?"

Another impasse.

She can't admit it, she didn't want to admit it, nor wanted to believe it. But at the same time she didn't want to pretend like nothing happened when she can't forget how she felt just earlier. Her chest still hasn't stopped pounding and this did not happen with Kuroo, she only felt sadness and regret that time. Why are feelings so complicated, nothing makes sense off the bat.

Tsukishima's thoughts kept going to those times he actually fell for her, when she still kept surprising him with her actions, still didn't hate him after everything, the apology, and most of all,...

"Then tell me the reason for what you said that day I apologized- kind of apologized" he changed his wording after a look from her, "...that 'owing me wasn't the only reason' "

She thought about it, "I don't think there was much of a reason, more like possibly little things that neither I nor you would notice. I can't exactly list them. But they led me to an understanding." He would definitely lash out if she said that she knew he was being all guarded about volleyball so he doesn't get hurt. But if that was the only reason, then there would be so many more people she could have avoided hating or disliking. It was still different with him, something was just drawing. They picked fights where there was no need to. They just kept pulling each other's attention. So yeah, there were many little reasons.