¢hptr49 : 𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳-𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵

◂◊◎◊▸

"...of giving her other friend a gift, for their birthday, and she wasn't sure whether to give it at their school or ask them to hang out on that day and then give it to them... She's already taken several holidays from practice... but she wants for them to hang out..."

Hitoka really wondered who this 'other friend' of hers was, especially when she said at school then that means it's someone from Miyagi, "um well... it depends on what she took the holiday for you know... and maybe if she usually works hard in practice, then she should be allowed to take another holiday, the coach would understand... right? At least that's what I think but she can also give it at school if she really can't take a holiday..." she rubbed the back of her neck and waited for Nanami to say something about it, hoping her advice had worked.

'What is this situation...?! She could just ask straight away, right? Who is she talking about? I'm sure it's none of mine or senpai's birthday, mine got over already and she gave me a gift card for a book and stationary store. I loved that! It was so thoughtful! And Kiyoko-senpai's is in January...'

It gave Nanami a slight sense of relief at least, she smiled, "Thanks,... I'll tell my friend about what you said... she'd leave me alone then I guess..." and her annoying friend's none other than her damned anxiety.

Hitoka smiled happily and nodded, "Do your best! Oh, I mean, tell them I said that!"

Nanami nodded, she actually nailed this pretend thing.

However, she was still not sure about the headphones just yet... maybe she should keep that on hold. But if not that then what should she give?!

During lunch Nanami went to get a drink from the vending machines behind the building. Just as she clicked a button, there was another rattling sound along with hers. She turned to see Tsukishima on the other vending machine with a surprised oh.

He nodded in greeting while popping the straw in his strawberry milkshake.

"Dyu like strawberries?" she asked curiously. He stole her strawberry the other day too.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that?" he asked with a slight frown.

She hastily shook her head, "Just asking." It's unusual, to think he likes strawberries or possibly sweets. She smiled, successfully holding back a giggle, "It's just cute."

His eyes widened, and then frowned again, his ears red, "Is that supposed to be making fun of me?"

She shook her head helplessly, "You should start learning how to take a compliment."

"Then what do you like? Bitter?" he asked looking at the black coffee in her hand. She liked dark chocolate best out of all others that time.

"No, I like hot items more than sweet ones. And this is the sweeter black coffee. Wow. Come to think of it, you're the definition of bittersweet. Trying to make up for the lack of sweetness with the sweets?"

He smiled in a smirk, and stepped closer, looking down at her from the side above her head, "So you like me because I'm bittersweet. Then am I hot too?"

She blinked, her breath hitched a second.

What?

"Well, y-yes, but-" isn't that sudden?

"I should learn to take compliments, right?" he said in a low voice, just enough that only she could hear with the same smirk. Then he walked past her. There was no one listening, but there was something very intimate about it that heated up her insides. He did that knowing she would really answer back genuinely. That's something he discovered about her recently, so he was prepared enough not to react to her answer. He enjoyed her reaction and wanted more but he'll have to wait.