¢hptr53 : 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

◂◊◎◊▸

◈𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕠𝕤 𝕀 𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕔 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕.◈

. . .

Tanaka stiffened up. He wondered if Daiichi-san noticed something or if he really maybe started liking Nanami too, after that day at the golden training camp, and that's why he was asking this personally. If so then that would be trouble. He didn't want his precious captain to go into heart break.

"Huh, no, they're just normal, as usual... why do you... ask?"

"Oh, nothing I just thought that maybe they fought again or something so you were trying to diffuse the situation." He said rubbing the back of his neck. To tell the truth, since the two enemies were so unusually getting along, he thought that maybe they were trying to be ok for the team.

"No! If that's what you're worried about then they're doing just fine!" Tanaka said enthusiastically, and then asked as if secretly, "Daiichi-san, can I ask you something personal?"

Daiichi also leaned in getting into the secret conversation with slight confusion, "What?"

"Do you maybe... like Nami-chan? You know after that time..."

A nerve popped on Daiichi's forehead and his fist connected with Tanaka's head, "I don't! Stop spreading around rumors like this!"

"Really...? I mean I thought-"

"That time was an accident, and a mistake on our parts but Nami's like my sister, don't spew stuff like that carelessly, you idiot." Besides, he likes someone else.

"I didn't say it to anyone yet though..."

Tanaka looked back at Daiichi who told him to get to the showers quickly so the first years could go too. 'So, he felt like that huh?' Tanaka smiled and saluted, "I'll get going right away captain! Oh and sorry for asking that!" he bowed before turning to go to the showers.

Daiichi simply smiled slightly and helplessly, and then muttered, "What suddenly put that thought in his mind though...?"

"What thought?" Suga asked.

Daiichi shook his head, "Nothing. Let's go inside."

◂◊◎◊▸

The next day also practice went on as usual. But Tanaka certainly made note to occasionally give the stinky eye to Tsukishima as if to remind him that he was watching him. It made the blonde uncomfortable.

Nanami also noticed that but the best they could have right now was the least number of people knowing.

Though they'd rather have no one know.

The days went by like that, immersed in practice, neither her nor Tsukishima had the time for anything and they were always around someone or the other.

Then he walked home with Yamaguchi. Tsukishima saying no to Yamaguchi would be weird and suspicious. Leaving practice early again would be too reckless for her. They just weren't used to interacting on chats either. They could talk freely from time to time, but just a little, bit, very.

The barrier was huge.

They bore through it for quite some time. They could, that's what they told themselves, since they were still at the early stages.

But it was getting too much.

With the same thought they sent each other a message, four days before the qualifiers on the Sunday, and received a similar one.