¢hptr25 : 𝘎𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘱 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴

◂◊◎◊▸

Nanami POV

Let's introduce them. (cue 'no roots')

"Oh fuck, indeed." Ruri (瑠羽梨) Tsuchiya cracked her knuckles, a red head with brown eyes and a horrible temper, one could call her a tsundere, our wing spiker. She hated me since the beginning, when we were in the same school, class, and all Japan youth candidates. But as I said, she's a tsundere and it's surprising that she came here to welcome me.

"Well... it's been such a very long year!" Erika Miyahara said dangerously with a strained twitching smile, a blonde with a streak of black hair and bright blue eyes. Sweet looking but crazy on court, our libero, shortest on the team but actually of average height. Her asymmetric canines showed making her look very kitty like. She got that from being hit by a volleyball when she was a kid.

"You did have your injury and went off at a sprint to Japan, but the least you could've done was answer our calls and messages!" Cana (叶)Misono, tanned, Black short apple cut hair and soft brown eyes. She's usually quite considerate while also stern and scary, our setter.

"I might not be your captain, oh but today, Nami, you're fucking deadmeat." Chisachi (智福) Arase, dark skinned with a tied-up low pony afro, of course as captain, commanding and can really make you dead meat if she wants.

"Usually you're the fastest, but today you're not escaping us. Thanks to Rimi-san we're all here to welcome you, aren't you happy?" a bright smile that cannot be let fool you, my mom's species, Mia (心彩) Yoshiyama. She's the tallest, our middle blocker and her smiles while blocking turn quite evil and scary. She gets this high from perfect blocks like she's drugged or something. I don't ever wanna be on the other side of her net.

Rimi's my mom. (利海)

"Yeah, we're so happy... that we get to get back at you for everything. You left a little too fast. We almost followed you if not for the coach having a very tight leash on us." Amane (周) Fujikawa pinch server, pixie chestnut brown hair and black droopy eyes, her armory of serves can really turn around the match.

Third person POV

They took a step forward, Nanami one back.

"Don't worry about the luggage, I got it!" Rimi winked at the group.

With that somehow turning into a countdown, they sprinted.

"Get back here you bitch!" Ruri shouted first thing.

An arrow passed through Nanami.

"Traitor!" Cana shouted.

Another arrow.

"Deserter!!!!" Erika screamed loud and long.

Another.

"Nanami!"

"Nanami! Come back here!" Mia and Chisachi shouted after her.

"This way!" Amane shouted when Nanami kept running through the streets and hurdled over the fences and so.

They tried to split and ambush her from her right but she escaped again, going past the traffic light right before it turned red. She turned around to look at them through the melee of cars passing through, Cana just pulled Erika and Mia back from getting run over. Nanami's hair was sticking to her forehead and neck from all the sweat, her heart thrumming against her ribcage like a prisoned animal. It was like the run slowly settled several facts in all of them. Nanami's fast pulse melded with the sadness and longing. She loved those girls, they were her best friends. Admittedly she ran away from them. She was consumed by her own beasts and stubbornly refused to reveal them. She hurt them and felt all the more sorry for it.