¢hptr47 : 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺?

◂◊◎◊▸

A/N. Okok i had to keep up with the regularity in my updates, so this chapter is literally 20 days late from boku's bday but happy bday kou/boku/bo/bokuto!!!🥳

◂◊◎◊▸

She was caught off guard, "Why would you ask me? And birthday?"

He looked at her with a mysterious smile, "Nothing much, just asking advice from an assistant coach with lots of experience. His birthday's coming up on Thursday."

She knew he said experience on purpose based on what she said last time, but she didn't have the space to feel teased by that because, Tsukishima's birthday was coming up on the 27th?! She didn't know...?! Ok maybe it's natural not to know, she never did ask or think about it.

Thank god for his brother mentioning it. Bet Tsukishima would have never ever mentioned it to any of them. Not even her.

"Oh gosh I didn't know his birthday was coming up, but those glasses should be up to you. I don't know much about you guys, but I'm sure he'd appreciate it... and it'd be helpful." she said positively. She really didn't know how Tsukishima will react to it since she didn't know him that well yet nor the situation on the siblings' relationship.

She literally knew nothing about the guy now that she thought about it while he knows almost everything about her.

...it felt childishly unfair.

Nanami looked at them playing, with a confident look in her eyes, and a small smile, "Cuz we're definitely going to the nationals, some professionalism wouldn't be too bad." she smiled more genuinely at the end.

He was surprised.

Just then one of Aikazawa-san's always strong spikes hit Tsukishima's fingers hard and he scrunched his face clicking his tongue in pain.

Nanami got up, "excuse me" and went to her bag to get some tape. She almost jumped up if she hadn't controlled her movements on time. She didn't have to be so immediately anxious, or did she? She didn't know.

They all took a break.

"Are you ok?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's nothing, but I'll have to tape it."

She held up the roll in her hands with a small smile, "I got it." Then she told to herself, 'It's only minor, something that normally happens in practice. It's fine. Calm down Nanami.'

He held out his palm and she corrected with a chuckle, "I meant I'll do it."

"I can do it myself-" but when he looked in her eyes, whatever he saw... he agreed almost reluctantly and held his hand out, "only the middle and the ring, ...don't mess it up."

She stared for a moment and held his hand, "I can tape just fine, I can assure you no one in the club can do it better."

"Why is that? Because of little miss international player?"

"No..." she said while taping his fingers, "I learned it later after joining the club... fingers, wrists, foot... you name it." Nanami barely held herself from crashing with anxiety, and constantly trying to console herself. Her heart was still beating very fast. But it was better than before. Maybe because it was someone else, or maybe because she has recovered a lot lately, but normally she might have broken down into an anxiety attack. It was such a feat that she was almost proud of herself. Not that she felt great in general.

He blankly watched her lowered head while taping his fingers, his chest feeling kind of unknowingly warm, she didn't notice but the others did. And he tried to ignore it.