¢hptr 30 : 𝘓𝘉𝘖𝘉𝘍𝘊𝘍

◂◊◎◊▸

"..." They stared at her, clearly their expressions showing they weren't buying it. They knew her like the backs of their ace and setter hands.

She was holding her elbows and she looked down slightly with her lips trembling and bit them before speaking, "I'm-... yeah sorry doesn't cut it, but I couldn't... face you guys, after that..." the tension was so thick, the air separating them could be cut with a knife.

"Did you think we would hate you if you weren't able to play anymore? Well, also along with how avoiding us led you into thinking we hated you for it too." Bokuto said bluntly.

She stiffened up at that, he was right, "It was what brought us together in the first place." Her voice was so faint they almost didn't hear her.

At that time her mind was shrouded but after a while, after how she avidly pushed them away, the number of times she made her mom send them away... she felt painful and ashamed now. How could she have pushed them away? So, she really thought they hated her. But it was all an apparition of her self-loathing.

She still remembered the first time they met, vivid as day. They did too. They were the closest friends ever since, attached at the hip even through all the times they were in different schools, literally as close as family.

"Why would you think that you literal idiot?" Akaashi asked with a pang and the most emotion that could ever show on his face.

"Yeah! That's the word! Idiot! How could you ever think that even though you had the best grades?! Seems like you're only book and volleyball smart huh? And you became the manager of that..."

"Karasuno"

"Yeah! That Karasuno! You should have been our manager!"

He didn't even know their name...

Well she wouldn't put it past him anyways.

"That was my grandfather's school and team that me and my brother are now coaching."

"Huh? Coaching?" Bokuto looked down from his lifted head and folded arms.

"Your brother? Wait I thought you weren't even touching a volleyball" Akaashi said.

Crap, she really should have met them in Tokyo, they're gonna kill her if they found out, but knowing Kuroo, he would definitely tell them to provoke them, she messed up big time.

"Um yeah,... so you see..."

Akaashi had a feeling on what was coming and he had no idea what to do about being best friends with the two most senseless people in the world. She had her I-fucked-up-but-how-do-I-explain face. 'Good that she knows she fucked up' he thought slightly pissed.

"I love you guys,..."

"Aw I love you too!" Bokuto said brightly, "no wait, I'm supposed to be angry."

"And um... I made up with the girls, so well, 'that Karasuno' kinda helped me get over my depression,..."

"Hey, hey, hey, Wait wait wait, you came to TOKYO!!??" Bokuto put two and two together. 'Why does he have to do that only when I don't want him to??' But Akaashi would have done it if he didn't. "You didn't meet us."

"And SECOND, if you're in their team that means you'll be cheering for them if we ever come to play against each other!! You didn't cheer for any of my games the last year!!"

"Traitor"

"Cheater!"

Blood spilled from her mouth while taking those hits with a hand on her chest, 'I deserve that and maybe more.'