¢hptr17 : 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

◂◊◎◊▸

"Oh where's Nanami, I wanted to talk to her once before she left too." Nekomata sensei asked after talking to Keishin and riling him up with rivalry.

"Oh, well, she must be outside filling the water bottles" Take-sensei said and turned back to see Keishin storming away and followed him with a jump, "Ukai-kun!"

◂◊◎◊▸

The two girls just finished filling the bottles and Nanami spotted a certain person walking over, "Oh Nanami!"

She froze, she didn't really have the mood to deal with that guy, nor the mental energy for it. All of it's been taken away observing and noting the matches down.

"Kiyoko-senpai, can you call me for something, anything, after 5 minutes of talking with him please, I'm begging you." Nanami said under her breath while waving to him.

"Oh ok" she said.

"Can I borrow her for a while?" Kuroo asked with a hand on her shoulder.

Kiyoko nodded, "I'll see you later." She walked away.

"You said you won't be as busy" he complained.

"Yes, I did, and I can talk now." she said turning around.

"How was it? You lost all the matches"

"Did you come to rub it in, but I never said we'll win so I didn't lose any bet."

"You have some low confidence in your team, wonder how they'd react if they knew that."

"I didn't say I didn't have confidence in them. I know they're still growing, if today wasn't proof enough forgetting the fact they didn't win. I believe in their potential, one day we will beat you guys."

"Well that's not bad. Maybe when we all grow old and wrinkly" he said wiggling his fingers like he was trying to scare a child.

"What do you actually want?" Nanami asked.

He grinned, "This, the fact that you know I didn't come to talk for fun. You knew I was a middle blocker instantly the first time you met me, and you also knew Nekomata-sensei. I heard your conversation, you don't just watch, you play volleyball, why do you hide it?"

He didn't hear the entire thing, at least not the Ukai part, "I have my reasons..." Nanami felt like she realized something. She thought she'd never really tried hiding the fact about her past, but she's been unfairly hiding it especially from the Karasuno team. Some people were an exception like Shimizu, sensei who she had to tell some of it cuz she can't interact freely with Keishin when he's around most of the time, and Tsukishima who somehow already knew it.

"But you might find out if you ask Nekomata-sensei." she said. He could've easily gotten the answer if he asked Neko-sensei but he purposefully asked her instead.

She couldn't tell if it was because he respected her privacy. 'but I really appreciate that he came to ask me first rather than sensei.' A subconscious smile formed on her face.

"Ask me what?"

They turned immediately to see the sensei there.

"Sensei!"

"Neko-sensei!"

He laughed, "Well, it's been some time since I've heard you call me that. but what did you want to ask me about?"

"About who I am and why I know you" Nanami said with a smile.

"Uh well..." Kuroo said with a sweatdrop.