The Rising of the Shield Hero 2:

Rising of the Shield Hero x Black Mage Male Reader:

Reader Info:You were always a rather shy person and preferred to keep to yourself

Reader Info:
You were always a rather shy person and preferred to keep to yourself.

You weren't bullied or made fun of, people just never seemed to notice you and honestly you did like it that way.

You weren't very good with people and could usually be found reading at the library during your free time.

Books were always something you enjoyed.

You loved learning about new things through books and reading various stories.

A favorite genre of yours was fantasy, it just appealed to you.

Magic, Monsters, Kingdoms, you loved it all, so you were both excited and terrified to get Isekai'd into one along with a few other individuals.

You were apparently chosen to be the Mage Hero of this world and meant to save it alongside the others that got transported here.

Your shy and antisocial nature made it hard to connect with the other heroes.

You did manage to bond and form a friendship with the Shield Hero Naofumi though.

The others you really didn't consider friends.

As the Mage Hero you are adept at all forms of magic, but you lack combat experience so you needed a partner who knew how to fight to protect you and potentially train you as well.

However, when it came time to choose one's party members, none of them really appealed to you for one reason or another.

They seemed to either only be in it for the glory, too violent or something else.

Also an incident involving Naofumi and Princess Malty made it even harder for you to trust anyone.

It seemed you'd never find a partner.

Until...

Partner/Love Interest:

Malenia:Malenia is a proud Warrior from a far away kingdom

Malenia:
Malenia is a proud Warrior from a far away kingdom.

She is extremely powerful and skilled, outclassing literally every single hero in combat.

Her kingdom fell due to some great tragedy and she left to find a new life.

However when she was born she was chosen to become a vessel for something known as an Outer God.

More specifically the God of Rot and this resulted in her being infected with a disease known as the Scarlet Rot.

In spite of this, Malenia remains an opponent not to be underestimated.

You should know, she saved your life after all.

You were out gathering ingredients for potions when a RuneBear attacked you out of nowhere.

RuneBear:

RuneBear:

Malenia was wandering through the forest and heard you crying out for help.

She swept in and easily killed the Beast.

You were extremely grateful to her and asked her if you could repay her.

She simply asked for a place to stay for a while and you accepted, allowing her to stay with you in a room you rented at an Inn.

When she removed her helmet and revealed her eyes or rather...lack of eyes you grew concerned for your savior.

Initially she told you not to worry but eventually you wore her down and she explained the situation.

You felt obligated to save her life since she saved yours and so you offered to help find a way to get rid of her Scarlet Rot...or at least try.

Malenia refused at first, not wanting you to waste your time on trying to cure what she believed could not be.

For the first time ever though, you spoke up, put your foot down and insisted you try saying trying to save her is not a waste of your time.

The Amazonian Warrior Woman found herself unable to refuse your offer at that moment and allowed you to try and cure her.

She also promised to stay by your side, train you and protect you as thanks for trying to help cure her.

She announced that from now on she'd be known as the "Blade of (Y/N)" and fight for you til her last breath.

She saved your life and she didn't even know you so you had no reason not to trust her.

Malenia herself had no reason to turn against such a kind soul as yourself and nothing to lose if you tried to cure her.

So you finally managed to find yourself a partner, Malenia found a purpose and both of you eventually found love in each other.

Anyone who tries to harm you will be met with death at her blade.

"I am Malenia, Blade of (Y /N) and I have never known defeat."
_______________________________________