The Babadook:

Babadook x Male Reader:

Reader Info:
It had been only a few years since you lost your wife and yet your heart kept on hurting.

You missed your wife dearly and wish she was still here with you.

It was too much and you eventually had to move out of the home you once you shared with her as there were too many memories there.

You had no friends and your family didn't really care for you, which just made the pain of losing the only woman who ever loved you all the worse.

Once you arrived at your new home, you began unpacking and came across a book.

A book titled "Ms Babadook."

Whoever owned the house before must have forgotten it...oh well.

You put it away and returned to unpacking and after you were done, it was quite late and so you decided to go to bed.

Unfortunately you couldn't sleep and so out of curiosity you decided to read the book, hoping it may get you tired.

The book, was a strange one...to the say the least.

Reading it definitely didn't help you go to sleep, in fact it made it harder and so you decided to just watch TV.

However, for the rest of the night you felt...uneasy...like there was someone in the room with you.

The next morning you woke up apparently having managed to get tired enough to fall asleep.

Only problem is, the couch was rather uncomfortable to sleep on and so your back was pretty messed up.

Luckily it was a weekend so you wouldn't need to go work, thank God.

However, you still felt a presence with you and when you went to the bathroom and gazed at the mirror, something other than your reflection was staring back at you.

Ms Babadook:

Ms Babadook:

"Hi." She greeted and you freaked out.

You looked again and saw she was gone.

Believing you were just hallucinating you decided to to go take a rest, though you could have sworn you heard a mocking giggle.

You went to bed, and it wasn't long before you were woken by a knock on your bedroom door.

Once again, you were understandably freaked out, and it only got worse when the door slowly creaked open and in came that same woman from the mirror.

"Let me in." She whispered as she slowly opened the door with her long clawed fingers.

You were too frightened to reply as she let herself into your room.

You had nowhere to run as she fully stepped into your room and approached you.

She then held you down with a single hand to make sure you didn't run and she was much stronger than you.

"How cute." she giggled as you cowered under your sheets. "You truly loved your wife didn't you?"

Terror mixed with confusion as you wondered how she knew about your wife.

Before you could ask how she knew she shushed you before you could ask.

She instead told you:

"Get me a cup of worms, if you don't mind."

She didn't explain further and left.

You were confused and chased after her, but found she was nowhere in the house.

But you were afraid and despite you hating worms, you did as she asked and placed a cup of worms on the kitchen table.

"Thank you." Came a voice from behind you which made you jump.

The same girl giggled as she was now suddenly behind you.

She took the cup of worms and ate them disgusting you.

After that you finally worked up the coruage to ask who she was and she simply replied by showing you the book you read.

She was Ms Babadook.

Your fear grew tenfold and she licked her lips saying she was going to enjoy her time with you.

And that's how you ended up living with the Babadook, an entity who wanted to feed off your misery and grief.

She'd allow you to live if you met her demands and moving out will not help as she'd just follow you everywhere and you were the only person who could see her.

So this is your life now.

Living with an odd creature who will constantly remind you of your lost love and nearly give you heart attacks with Jumpscares and Nightmares.

However, it wasn't all bad, as time goes on, Ms Babadook begins to soften up a bit.

She gets to know you and you get to know her, you start to develop a genuine friendship and maybe something more.

_______________________________________

I just finished watching the Babadook and my first thought was: "What if it had tits."

Seriously though, it was a good horror movie and I came up with this.