Chapter 10: Shorty's Flashback: Unknown Northern Wilderness, 1944

Shorty took control as the avalanche barreled toward them along with icy chunks of rocks and snow.

"Hang on! Keep your heads down!" He pulled a tarp over their heads as the raft hit a patch of glacier, spun out and went careening down the mountain. Large boulders crashed by them, rumbling into the lake below.

Jeff looked up. "Uh-oh! Water!"

"We'll freeze!" Pete cried.

The raft slid off the mountain skiing with the avalanche, slamming onto the cresting wave.

Shorty peeked out from under the tarp. Pete saw the collision course too.

A Tarzan style yell hit his throat in a defiant response to fear.

The raft crashed and flipped, spilling men and supplies onto a gravel beach next to some oddly shaped shell mounds.

"Where are we?" Ned wondered.

Shorty stared at the area around him, blinking the stunned double vision from his eyes. "Dunno, ask Jeff, he's the navigator."

The men gathered their supplies, replacing the adrenaline with practiced survival training. Alfie was still the only one seriously injured. Shorty moved him away from the water's edge. "How's fish sound for dinner?"

"City boy," Alfie responded. "They'll be scared for days after all the chaos we put 'em through. We'll have to go with rations tonight." He checked the inside of his coat. "I'm loosing a lot of blood."

"We're not having you for dinner!" Ned declared. "Unless... captains orders."

Shorty shuddered. It would be too close to what he'd seen in the Temple of Doom... a bloody hand lifting a still beating heart overhead...

Shorty shook away the screams and the scent of brimstone.

"You ok Cap?"

"Gettin there," Shorty replied. "The wave we created, washed over the plane and put out the fire. Jeff and Pete go see if there's anything salvageable." He looked at the oddly shaped mounds behind him. "They look like a wall made out of crushed shells... Ned, can you stay here with Alfie? I'm gonna check this out."

The Seven Swords of Diya: An Indiana Jones Fan Fiction Part 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara